Bonsai forum

Introduce yourself!

• Churb
  • Thanks received: 0

Replied by Churb on topic Introduce yourself!

Posted 9 years 9 months ago #11568
Thanks JP_Bel I will give the link a try in a second.

I did take the plant to a bonsai class and the person teaching us didn't even look twice at it lol :blush:
I have high hopes for the plant but in about 20 years after some tlc. The plant is looking healthy nice dark green leaves new shoots and plenty of nice roots, it's not dropping leaves either (which I hear is bad sign with Carmona's).

I will keep looking through information as the more I read the more I need to read at the minute. I really am starting from zero but I will persevere with reading and learning.

Thanks,
Churb
by Churb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JohnnieWbl
  • Thanks received: 1

Replied by JohnnieWbl on topic Introduce yourself!

Posted 9 years 8 months ago #11783
Just a quick introduction, my name is Rick (27) and I live in the northern part of Holland. At the moment I am writing my masters dissertation for American Studies and I work at a wholesale for catering products (stuff that restaurants, snackbars, campings etc. need) to pay my rent. During my studies I have lived in Groningen and spend a semester in Kingston, Canada, and since spring this year I'm renting a small house with a garden.

The previous owners had neglected the garden, so a lot had to be done and I didn't know much about what grew how fast.. :P During spring I gradually learned more about fast growing plants, weeds, herbs and turned part of the lawn into a vegetable/herb garden. I've always liked trees but they seemed difficult to maintain at 5, 6+ meter heights, so I looked up info on smaller trees. That's how I came across this website and the art of bonsai.

Slugs seem to enjoy vegetables very much, so most of the stuff I've planted is feeding slugs and snails, which is kind of annoying. I also had to get rid of some larger trees in the garden to let in light for other trees, so the stumps I've in the vegetable garden.. :) If they survive I might have some nice material to work on in a couple of years..
by JohnnieWbl

• Gomes

Replied by Gomes on topic Introduce yourself!

Posted 9 years 8 months ago #11865
Ola, sou Géssica.
Sou brasileira e moro no estado Espírito Santo. Sempre gostei de cactus, porém ultimamente me despertou uma paixão pelo bonsai.
Estou sempre a procura de informações na internet. Não vejo a hora de ter o meu bonsai, enquanto isso vou aprendendo cada vez mais um pouco dessa arte que tanto me encanta. :)
by Gomes

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Replied by leatherback on topic Introduce yourself!

Posted 9 years 8 months ago #11873
Hi Gessica,
Welcome to the forum. Please note that most of us do not speak portuguese, and as such, this forum is in English. Naturally, it would be great if you can share and post in English. If this is dificult for you, please consider the brasilian site: www.bonsaiempire.com.br/

Cheers,

Jelle.
by leatherback

• Sally

Replied by Sally on topic Introduce yourself!

Posted 9 years 8 months ago #12319
Hello from a bonsai keeper in Montana.

I am nurturing a fukian and a Chinese Elm.

I have confessions about my abilities but in the interest of making an okay first impression I'll stick to hello.

Can I post photos here and ask shaping or trimming questions?

I also keep a dalmatian hermanns tortise, a 19 year old cat, cci service dog and a husband.

I am a marketing manager for 2 publishing companies and have had 2 novels published.

Sally Franklin Christie
by Sally

• Druwalter8

Replied by Druwalter8 on topic Introduce yourself!

Posted 9 years 7 months ago #12458
Hi,

My name is Drew and I am from Ohio. That's in the USA for any international readers. I am extremely new to bonsai
trees. I bought a bonsai tree from a street vendor three weeks ago and I would love help identifying it.

I created another topic for my new tree below...
www.bonsaiempire.com/forum/help-me/7091-...-tree-now-what#12457

I bought tree because I think once I re-pot it, I will be able to shape and prune it.

Thanks for reading! Any advice on my new tree would be lovely!

Drew
by Druwalter8

• rood

Replied by rood on topic Introduce yourself!

Posted 9 years 4 months ago #13879
i would like to introduce myself to everyone iam sander.
iam from the Netherlands and do bonsai for a few years.
by rood

• bob
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 175

Replied by bob on topic Introduce yourself!

Posted 9 years 4 months ago #13881
Welcome sander! ;)
by bob

• justjoan2

Replied by justjoan2 on topic Introduce yourself!

Posted 9 years 4 months ago #13949
So happy to find this site..This is my second attmept at Bonsai...first was several years ago and did not go well. My other hobby is growing citrus trees in containers and this year was successful in getting fruit to maturity on several of my trees and so I decided I wanted to try Bonsai again. I am here to learn from you all. I live in Minnesota (USA) 1st tree Cryptomeria Japonica and the other a Gardenia. :)
by justjoan2

• Judgetribe
  • Thanks received: 5

Replied by Judgetribe on topic Introduce yourself!

Posted 9 years 4 months ago #13954
Welcome aboard, I am a newbie growing some sticks in pots, this is a great site for information and news.

Cheers

Robbie
by Judgetribe