Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

Introduce yourself! 9 years 3 months ago #14044

• laurenchip
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi, I'm a newbie. I'm 30 from near Blackpool UK. I have erm 9 bonsais at the mo. I've been a fan for 3-4 years now. I love everything Japanese and saw them and went from there. I'd love to visit the Bonsai museum in Japan and maybe I can attend the Bonsai exhibition in a few years too. I love my bonsai family. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Introduce yourself! 9 years 3 months ago #14062

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653

Hi, I'm a newbie. I'm 30 from near Blackpool UK. I have erm 9 bonsais at the mo. I've been a fan for 3-4 years now. I love everything Japanese and saw them and went from there. I'd love to visit the Bonsai museum in Japan and maybe I can attend the Bonsai exhibition in a few years too. I love my bonsai family. :)

Nice. Welcome!

When you refer to "the" bonsai museum and "the" bonsai exhibition.. Which one do you refer to?

Introduce yourself! 9 years 2 months ago #14073

• laurenchip
The The Omiya Bonsai Art Museum and I read somewhere there will be an exhibition at the same place in 2017.

Introduce yourself! 9 years 1 month ago #14432

• Josh
  • Thanks received: 1
Hi guys and gals, just want to say hi and introduce myself. I am Josh from Melbourne Australia. Been into bonsai for about 4 yrs (dabbled about 20 years ago but not seriously). I have a mixture of Australian natives and exotic trees. I still have a long way to go in my learning and hope to learn more from joining here on my exotic trees (and natives). I love wild collecting trees (although difficult to do in Oz at times) and rather liker larger trees although I also have some smaller trees. One of my daughters enjoys working on trees with me while my other daughter prefers to go fishing with me. Not sure how much I will have to offer but hopefully I can learn a lot and maybe contribute where I can.

Josh
The following user(s) said Thank You: bob

Introduce yourself! 9 years 1 month ago #14434

• bob
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 175
Welcome Josh! Wish you the best of luck on your journey ;)

Introduce yourself! 8 years 9 months ago #16094

• Reddragon
  • Thanks received: 1
Greetings from Adelaide, Australia.

I recently signed up after watching the beginners video course by Oscar and Bjorn. I've had a love for bonsai for about 10yrs now but still consider myself very much a beginner. I'm always on the hunt for new ideas and information to improve my knowledge base.

Just wanted to say hello and look forward to continuing my learning with the Bonsai Empire Forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orlando

Introduce yourself! 8 years 9 months ago #16165

• Enaisio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 67
Hello everybody
My name is Nico Rosa I have actually been on this forum for about a month now but I just realized there was an introduce yourself post :dry:
I am italian but I currently live in Scotland although my first encounter with the world of bonsai was in italy.
I had decided to make a bonsai
as a project for an exam I had in university but I soon found out that it was waaay more difficult and time consuming than I thought .
The tree I had was an olive that was given to me by my grandma .
The tree already had an interesting shape so I kept it in that shape for about a year(I never took the exam ) then I had to leave to come to Scotland so I very randomly found a bonsai master that lived in a village next to mine and I left it for him to take care of saying I would one day go back to get it :)
That day is now close because this weekend I am going back to italy 3 years later to take it back so I really cant wait to see it :)
Since I came to Scotland I really didn't do anything related to bonsai until 6 months ago when I started acquiring a few trees and studied the art and a few weeks ago I went to my first convention where I met my local club members that invited me to visit them and I will :)
To conclude , so far I have 9 trees that I am training into bonsai with the help of this forum :) thank you
Regards
Nico
The following user(s) said Thank You: leatherback, Orlando

Introduce yourself! 8 years 9 months ago #16172

• Entity Serenity
Hi my name is Entity Serenity. I am very nice but quiet. I am 19 and from New York in the USA. I love taking care of plants or flowers. I just joined bonsai as of today (6/7/2015)

Introduce yourself! 8 years 9 months ago #16182

• Vnolan
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 17
Hello Entity, what part of NY are you from? I know there's a couple of people from WNY. I'm south of buffalo (moving to Chicago soon though). Welcome!

Introduce yourself! 8 years 9 months ago #16188

• redman85
  • Thanks received: 11
Hello my name is Daniel Luna, and I live in Vancouver, British Columbia. I received a juniper as a gift from my wife 4 years ago and I didn't know anything about bonsai. It nearly died on the second year due to some root problem. I managed to keep it alive and that made me learn and read more and more about bonsai. I am still very new at this but I love learning every day about bonsai wich i find very interesting