Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

Introduce yourself! 8 years 9 months ago #16196

• Vanishtwenty
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi Everyone

I am Vanishtwenty I Live in Tamworth NSW Australia. I have been doing bonsai now for around 4.5 years still learning and always will be, as this is key "never stop learning". I started out in bonsai after my wife and I received one as a engagement present.I have been hooked ever since, I read lots of material on bonsai and have joined the local bonsai club. My biggest break through came when after two years of asking a local bonsai artist originally from the Philippines agreed to take me on as his solo student,I have been working with him for over one year now. I look forward to interacting with you all and sharing each others opinions on this fantastic site. talk soon ;)

Vanishtwenty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

re:Introduce yourself! 8 years 9 months ago #16202

• ibraheemcninja
im ibraheem and im from the us i loved landscaping and plants sences i was little beuze my dad was a landscaper,i soon got a game called minecraft and i became a landscaper and made tree that looked like bonsai! with the love of that tree i made, i desided i would start to plant and landscape i made flowers and beans and other then liveing plants,but none of them satisfide my need of makeing a bonsai so soon i when'nt to sams club and buyed a bonsai tree(juniper) after a week my twin brother had to get one becuze we both loved bonsai a week later we got some cutings and order bonsai soil and 2 black pine bonsai tree seeds and 4 bonsai plants(we got the seed 2 days ago :side: and on friday we will get the soil and trees comeing moday so hyped up :P ) any ways i fond a trick to keep you cuttings alive for so far 3 weeks! get a paper towl and put it around the end of the branch and put a bandaid(a string like one) around to hold it and they are still live and they were dieing when i cut them off now they look alive and well!!!i saved them just doing that so try it out that is all about me.

re:Introduce yourself! 8 years 9 months ago #16204

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653

im ibraheem and im from the us i loved landscaping and plants sences i was little beuze my dad was a landscaper,i soon got a game called minecraft and i became a landscaper and made tree that looked like bonsai! with the love of that tree i made, i desided i would start to plant and landscape i made flowers and beans and other then liveing plants,but none of them satisfide my need of makeing a bonsai so soon i when'nt to sams club and buyed a bonsai tree(juniper) after a week my twin brother had to get one becuze we both loved bonsai a week later we got some cutings and order bonsai soil and 2 black pine bonsai tree seeds and 4 bonsai plants(we got the seed 2 days ago :side: and on friday we will get the soil and trees comeing moday so hyped up :P ) any ways i fond a trick to keep you cuttings alive for so far 3 weeks! get a paper towl and put it around the end of the branch and put a bandaid(a string like one) around to hold it and they are still live and they were dieing when i cut them off now they look alive and well!!!i saved them just doing that so try it out that is all about me.

and all that in one sentence!
In any case, welcome VanishedTwentyu and Ibraheem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ibraheemcninja

Introduce yourself! 8 years 9 months ago #16246

• neophyte
Hi, my name is Dillon and I live in south Florida. I have always loved growing things and finally have the patience to try bonsai (which I have admired at a distanced until now). I have an uncanny ability to research a new hobby until I annoy all within ear shot of me. I have been looking up different varieties of starter trees and am leaning towards getting a Chinese elm for their ability to survive underwatering/overwatering and amateur pruning/cutting mistakes. I'm glad I found this site because it looks like people actually respond with helpful information, unlike some other forums.

Introduce yourself! 8 years 9 months ago #16248

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Welcome to the forum newplant!
Don't forget rule nr one in the hobby: Have fun!
The following user(s) said Thank You: neophyte

Introduce yourself! 8 years 8 months ago #16607

• Kswc2000
Ello,

My name is Kurtis, and I live in Newfoundland, Canada. It's pretty cold here, but if you asked me I'd say it's not too hot, not too cold, but just right ;) . I love landscaping and architecture, and I have dreams of living in a nice estate with plenty of garden space and ponds and vegetables. ( let's say I have a very big imagination). Which I think is great for bonsai, I have been introduced to bonsai last year in the summer time, and hope to grow this enthusiasm into a life long hobby. I'd like to make great friends in this new found hobby, and learn from this experience. (If that's too cheesy for you, I hope you'll learn to get used to it from me :lol: ) If you read this, thanks for reading this far, and nice to meet you. :)

Introduce yourself! 8 years 8 months ago #16612

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey Kurtis,

Welcome to the forum. Great to hear you got started, and we would love to see what you have gotten up to so far. A very dear friend of mine has lived in New Foundland for a few years, and it seems like a magical place to live. Make sure you select hardy species and/or have a great indoor setup for your bonsai though!

Introduce yourself! 8 years 8 months ago #16655

• Jinglecakes
Hi, all you kind people..

I'm Selen Pekun Zorlu, hailing from Turkey/Istanbul.. I'm 31, married and I work at a local sports channel as the Chief Graphics Designer.. I began having and caring for bonsais two months ago. Before, i didn't think that i could dare having them, so i only read and watched.. Everything started when i rescued a Chinese Elm from local grocery store.. Now i care for fifteen Jacarandas, eight Leptospermums and two Elms (one Chinese, one Japanese).. Trying to make nursery trees and shrubs such as Magnolia Grandiflora and Azalea into bonsai and having quite a bit fun researching new things. Even joined local bonsai club..

So, this is me :)

Selen

Introduce yourself! 8 years 8 months ago #16659

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey Selen,

Of to a running start are you! Welcome to the forum!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jinglecakes

Introduce yourself! 8 years 8 months ago #16671

• Samantha
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 151
no way