Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Cedrus Deodara to-be bonsai? 9 years 5 months ago #13301

• bob
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 175
Cool, i will try the centre now-ish, maybe the weekend. In these garden centres, we usually only have the traditional stuff for seasons, like junipers for chrismas along with loads of spruces. They have a small section for mallsai as well :D. They have decent azaleas and juniper but thats it i think. If they have te ginkos i will see if i can get one ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cedrus Deodara to-be bonsai? 9 years 5 months ago #13302

• leatherback
  • leatherback's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
ok. Enjoy. And look, really look, at what is standing around. Don't pass-over them just because the first oe in a batch doesn't look right. The Cedrus in this thread, was in an area with a couple of them. I passed them up for being junk. Untill I dug around a little and noticed this one with a few bends in the lower trunk. The others were all uninteresting, candle-straight. I typically take over an hour going through the small (15 rows of plants) garden centre, trying to see the bottom section of each plant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bob

Cedrus Deodara to-be bonsai? 9 years 5 months ago #13303

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

I typically take over an hour going through the small (15 rows of plants) garden centre, trying to see the bottom section of each plant.

LOL. That reminds me of being in Utrecht, at the plants market. I was checking some Junipers, and obviously we have a different way of looking at plants then other people - the vendor noticed it, and asked me "are you looking for bonsai material?" :D

• Page: