Expensive hobby

Rendering Error in layout User/Profile: Class "KunenaFactory" not found. Please enable debug mode for more information.
9 years 1 month ago #14838 by Auk
Expensive hobby was created by Auk
So... I bought this boxwood some time ago, for just 10 euro's. Seems I drove a bit too fast when I picked it up. A few days ago I got the speeding ticket, making the total investment almost 5x as much.

So... I got this apple for free, a few months ago. I bought a nice new glazed pot for it today... and dropped it while I was repotting. 47,50 lost.

I'm a bit unhappy today.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rendering Error in layout User/Profile: Class "KunenaFactory" not found. Please enable debug mode for more information.
9 years 1 month ago #14841 by Alpse
Replied by Alpse on topic Expensive hobby
Hello Auk,
I believe that you will have much more good moments. the secret is not to become disappointed after unlucky moments,then you will get the much better things to cover your costs,either financial or spiritual :)

Expensive hobby - Bonsai forum

Bonsai forum

9 years 1 month ago #14846 by leatherback
Replied by leatherback on topic Expensive hobby
I think the bonsai gods are after you. ;)

Meybe you have to be nicers to people with cuttings-in-a-pot :evil:

Still sucks though!

9 years 1 month ago #14879 by alainleon1983
Replied by alainleon1983 on topic Expensive hobby

Auk wrote: So... I bought this boxwood some time ago, for just 10 euro's. Seems I drove a bit too fast when I picked it up. A few days ago I got the speeding ticket, making the total investment almost 5x as much.

So... I got this apple for free, a few months ago. I bought a nice new glazed pot for it today... and dropped it while I was repotting. 47,50 lost.

I'm a bit unhappy today.

All I can say is that I'm sorry for you man. Luckily enough spring is almost here for real and the new life bursting in our trees might bring you some compensation. I know mines are a joy to watch nowadays ;)

Alain

9 years 1 month ago #14881 by Auk
Replied by Auk on topic Expensive hobby

alainleon1983 wrote: All I can say is that I'm sorry for you man. Luckily enough spring is almost here for real and the new life bursting in our trees might bring you some compensation. I know mines are a joy to watch nowadays ;)

I'll get over it... it's not even so much the price, but the fact that I had to put that apple back into it's ugly plastic fake bonsai pot... while I was looking forward so much to seeing it in a real pot. Well, actually it's the price too. My wife being out of a job... I have a few days left at the end of my salary every month nowadays.

But yeah, spring! Checking my trees every day, multiple times per day even, to see what's going on. Not much really, yet, but it's nice to see that things are coming back to live.