• Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Odd dying random leaves 12 years 7 months ago #1264

• morpheus83uk
  • morpheus83uk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hello,

Thanks for that :)

I have had a look and cant find any of the dead leaves to inspect however one thing I did notice (relevant or not) is that on the soil there are like bits of white on there so like the soil has shite spots growing on it....

Also I have noticed that little things are coming off my tree which are like little peices of grass is the only way I can describe them...

Does that mean anything?

Many Thanks

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Odd dying random leaves 12 years 7 months ago #1283

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
Hm.. White spots? Can't help but wonder whether you do not have too high a PH, due to schale building in the soil, as suggested when you had plant trouble before. The plant canopy on the photo's looks fine; But I can not see what the whole plant looks like 'up close and personal'

Re: Odd dying random leaves 12 years 7 months ago #1316

• morpheus83uk
Hello,

I have also seen little things flying around my tree and running off under the soil....

Again if its any help or not I dont know...

Many Thanks

James

Re: Odd dying random leaves 12 years 7 months ago #1353

• morpheus83uk
So what sort of stuff would you like pictures off for your up close and personal shots? and I can get them on here for you to see :)

Many Thanks

James

Re: Odd dying random leaves 12 years 7 months ago #1375

• Leslie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 7
If you can get clear photos of any of these things you are describing James that would be extremely helpful. Such as the white spots on the soil, the critters in the soil and flying around the tree (haha...now that'll be a challenge) and the grass-like bits, etc. Anything that you think is questionable, take a photo of it. Sounds like there is something going on that's not right.
Hint: I like to take three photos of each thing then pick the clearest image to post. ;)

Re: Odd dying random leaves 12 years 7 months ago #1404

• morpheus83uk
Hello,

I have taken a few pictures as per your request. I could not find the little flying things to get pictures however I have close ups of what I can get... also a close up of the leaf with the symptoms of it dying which appear to be getting better but I will let you guys decide.

Any help is much appreciated.

James

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Odd dying random leaves 12 years 7 months ago #1443

• morpheus83uk
Could it be the baby bio I am putting on the soil? as currently I am just filling a bottle with nothing in it and then waterining it so it would ilute each time I presume so the concentration would get less and then the white stuff would go away?

Or am I way way off?

Many Thanks

James

Re: Odd dying random leaves 12 years 7 months ago #1444

• Leslie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 7
First of all, I don't know what you mean by the "baby bio" you are putting on the soil. What is it and how long have you been using it?

Secondly, this looks identical to what was on the base of the trunk when it was "previously" sick only now it appears to be coming up thru the soil (from the roots, perhaps?)

@ leatherback: When James initially "cleaned" this white stuff off the base of the trunk, it seems that the trunk surface underneath must have been very soft or even mushy in order for him to do that much damage with a toothbrush, don't you think? To the best of my knowledge, hard water scale (ie: lime build-up) would not cause surface mushyness and it's not that white, its usually a dull, ivory colour. Also when he "cleaned" the trunk base previously, the leaves were yellowing and dropping off and now he says the same syptom is recurring. I suspect there may a serious fungal infection in the root system. What are your thoughts on this?

Re: Odd dying random leaves 12 years 6 months ago #1516

• morpheus83uk
Hello,

Baby BIO is just a fertalizer and here is a link to it :)

www.bayergarden.co.uk/products/product.a...uctid=9&categoryid=8

While out today I got some Bonsai food which is well rounded which is 3.5:3.5:3.5 which I will be using from now on. :)

Does this help?

Many Thanks

James

• Page: