Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Cherry blossom bonsai help 9 years 11 months ago #10744

• pieterbosch
  • Thanks received: 6
On the light issue, you are probably correct. I have personally seen leaf burn from light through windows though.
My Celtis Africana drops its leaves when I move it to another spot in the garden, and then grows new leaves.
Humidity needs to be 50% and above, with appropriate air movement. 60-65 F will be good for the tree.

Gardenista is a site that has an article on growing a lemon tree indoors (Or at least letting it survive until spring), have a look. It might be useful.
www.gardenista.com/posts/5-secrets-tips-...-indoor-citrus-trees

If you have success please let me know what you did.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cherry blossom bonsai help 9 years 11 months ago #10751

• spock22a
  • spock22a's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
I think my tree has been getting burned on the branches from being so close to the windows. I have a place where I can put it outside now, but I'm wary about putting it out there as it still gets to around freezing during the night. The cherry blossom trees in the area are starting to bloom, so I should be able to put it outside more regularly. Its weird, because the humidity in my room is definitely over 50% and it had plenty of light, but it still wasn't doing well. I think the moss that the shop owners put around the tree as a decoration, the high light levels, and the heat must have been draining out the plant. Its still struggling a little from cold at the new place (even though its inside during the night and morning), but it still has enough living leaves that I think it will do well once summer gets rolling....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: