• Page:

TOPIC:

Help Please 7 years 5 months ago #26998

• Samantha
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 151

Thanks for clearing that up
But like i've said i'm a bigginer and i like to train on this tree so it is a bonsai for me

It would be a nice tree for basic training, Keeping them alive, is the first thing to learn. It will take a long time, for the top to catch up with the bottom, if it can. The How To section on top the page is a good place to start, Then find a good species, that suits you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help Please 7 years 5 months ago #27000

• Amirali
  • Amirali's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 1
Thanks for the advice
Finally somebody nice here :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juno

Last edit: Post by Amirali.

Help Please 7 years 5 months ago #27005

• simplysaid
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 54

I used candle to cover cuts and that's why it is pink
Somebody gave this to my brother for present two years ago and he gave it to me and recently I've become interested in it.
I would love to have real bonsai but I'm still searching for the right one and knowing the basics to not become a "Mallsai" like you said

Candle wax on cuts for trees... never heard of that. Has that worked for you on house plants before? And if not... could the heat of the wax cause a problem with stressing the plant out?
It does look very over watered. Great to hear that you want to train on this plant. We've all killed plants and trees in our training, so don't be discouraged.

Help Please 7 years 5 months ago #27021

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
The animal is an aphid. Not normally a problem. Is does indicate that it may be wet.
Check for thrips on the leaves. Very small animals that suck the moisture. Something is feasting on the plant. When did you last repot and fertilize?

Help Please 7 years 5 months ago #27029

• Amirali

I used candle to cover cuts and that's why it is pink
Somebody gave this to my brother for present two years ago and he gave it to me and recently I've become interested in it.
I would love to have real bonsai but I'm still searching for the right one and knowing the basics to not become a "Mallsai" like you said

Candle wax on cuts for trees... never heard of that. Has that worked for you on house plants before? And if not... could the heat of the wax cause a problem with stressing the plant out?
It does look very over watered. Great to hear that you want to train on this plant. We've all killed plants and trees in our training, so don't be discouraged.

My grandfather used to this on his plant and i thought it should work on my plant too, but i haven't done any research on it myself
thanks for giving the encouragment

Help Please 7 years 5 months ago #27030

• Amirali

The animal is an aphid. Not normally a problem. Is does indicate that it may be wet.
Check for thrips on the leaves. Very small animals that suck the moisture. Something is feasting on the plant. When did you last repot and fertilize?

I haven't done repotting since I got it (two years ago) and I use fertilizer
Today I checked the root system and I saw moss in it, Also I checked the pot and found out the water remains in the bottom and i fixed it

Last edit: Post by Amirali.

Help Please 7 years 5 months ago #27033

• Amirali
I have a question
does using H2O2 helps the plant to heal? I read somewhere it is useful for killing the moss and providing enough oxygen for the plant

Help Please 7 years 5 months ago #27040

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
Waterperoxide. Nope. Would not use it. It kills the moss what do you think it will do to trees?

Did i write aphid? I meant wood louse en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodlouse

Help Please 7 years 1 month ago #29516

• Solaris
  • Thanks received: 16
I've had mixed results with hydrogen peroxide.
Only use it with root rot, as a measure to forestall the inevitable. It buys you some time, which you can use to try getting a cutting or even a new root system through air layering if the plant is vigorous enough. Never use it to control moss or algae; moss you can just pick out, and algae goes away if you stop drowning your plant. Neither is harmful, whereas hydrogen peroxide is.

I'm still working out how best to apply it, but so far it seems to be that going around the outer roots works better than dousing the ones closer to the tree. The stuff is poison, but more poisonous to fungi than to vascular, woody plants.

• Page: