Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Greenwood Bonsai Studio 9 years 4 months ago #13694

• drummerboy
  • drummerboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Just North of Nottingham, I was greeted by welcoming staff. They have a wide selection of fantastic quality trees at all price ranges. I found myself taking away some real bargains and the owner Corin freely gavee lots of expert advice to my barrage of questions! There was no ego involved at all in his advice, no plant/question below him.

Very happy indeed, will be back. Will add some pics of my buys tomorrow when the sun is back out. Watch this space

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greenwood Bonsai Studio 9 years 4 months ago #13722

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 853
Yes Corin is a nice guy and an excellent bonsai artist. I have bought trees from him, and heard him talk several times. The trees are not cheap, but then quality never is,
Geoff.

Greenwood Bonsai Studio 9 years 4 months ago #13758

• drummerboy
Have been meaning to post my bits but have been in bed with terrible flu. I bought possible bonsai material not expensive ready made bonsai so nothing amazing to post anyway

Greenwood Bonsai Studio 9 years 4 months ago #13779

• drummerboy
So here are some pics of the material I bought on Sat at Greenwood. Note that the Cotoneaster was wired by a friend of Corin's to experiment and not Corin himself. I commented that it looked nice and he said "you can buy it if you want for a couple of quid"... SOLD

The bushy juniper will do great for a cascade. It has dense/healthy roots and a naturally curved and interesting trunk that should be very convincing. The other Blue Juniper will be nice to experiment with for a semi formal-upright. I'm under no illusion this is all material that will take years to mature into "bonsai" labelled material but I enjoy the journey and am not looking for a quick result/short cut.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Page: