Bonsai forum

Introduction (Sorry it's late!)..

• johnbaz
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 10

Introduction (Sorry it's late!).. was created by johnbaz

Posted 3 years 9 months ago #60888
Hi all

Sorry for the late intro, I didn't know where to do it!!

Anyhow, I'm in Sheffield, England and started doing Bonsai in 1999 after an accident at work saw me home for a few months! (Boredom set in!)

I bought a small Chinese Elm and an Acer palmatum, Both were in small dishes and neither could really be called Bonsai, I had them for around five or more years before they succumbed to my shortage of knowledge! :(

I'll be 62 years old in two days and honestly, I don't feel a day over a hundred and forty seven!! :whistle: :lol:

I used to attend South Yorkshire Bonsai Society club but stopped attending a few years ago, Now six of us meet normally although one friend passed away late last year so now there's only five, We've not managed a meet this year due to C-19 and as two of us are asthmatic, It'll be a while yet before we do!

Acers are my fave trees, I consider them the Queen of Bonsai even though I don't have any really nice specimens!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Needle Juniper are my pet hate!, I love them really but the sharp needles always find cuts in my fingers to stab me in!!

I'm going to have to stop buying these big trees as my joints are becoming arthritic, Almost passed out getting this one from my car to the back garden! The dish is around 75cm (30") long!!

Cheers, John :)
Last Edit:3 years 9 months ago by johnbaz
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by johnbaz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio, crent89, FrankC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Replied by leatherback on topic Introduction (Sorry it's late!)..

Posted 3 years 9 months ago #60930
Hey John, you have some nice trees there!

Love maples too. DO you have many different once?

Jelle.
by leatherback

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.