• Page:

TOPIC:

Hello from Jakarta 7 years 10 months ago #21019

• Indo Andreas
  • Indo Andreas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 92
Thank you all and especially the forum admin for letting me participate. Looking forward to have a good time of viewing, learning and posting.
Regard,
Andreas
The following user(s) said Thank You: Samantha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello from Jakarta 7 years 10 months ago #21020

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Thank you all and especially the forum admin for letting me participate. Looking forward to have a good time of viewing, learning and posting.

Thank you for showing your creations! Very inspiring.

Hello from Jakarta 7 years 10 months ago #21024

• Samantha
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 151

Thank you for showing your creations! Very inspiring.

An understatement for sure, looking forward to more.

It was really the best part of the morning, or even the week.

Last edit: Post by Samantha.

Hello from Jakarta 7 years 10 months ago #21052

• Indo Andreas
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thank you, hope we can get this forum back on track, been to 30% of the postings but i seams that people lost interest!

Hello from Jakarta 7 years 10 months ago #21053

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Thank you, hope we can get this forum back on track, been to 30% of the postings but i seams that people lost interest!

We do get a lot of people starting with bonsai on impulse, that buy a tree, find it's not so easy, and quickly give up. Many of them we never see again (I'm sure that's over 95%). A few stick around, but there just aren't enough of us - so not enough trees to post. Would become boring to post the same tree over and over again :)

So, we can certainly use your input! Just don't post all of them at once, or you'll run out of pictures to post too :D

Hello from Jakarta 7 years 10 months ago #21062

• Indo Andreas
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I believe that it is up to us where and how this forum is going, it seams that we not aware that when we respond, that is that what triggers more post and sharing of knowledge. I been back in this forum on postings that are older than two years and viewed all, ( not finished) to see what happen. Many trees haven't been updated, few had comments, but that is what interests me, swing progress and critics, the inspiration that people posted in the first please should be kept alive. That makes in my opinion a good forum. People may think otherwise!

Hello from Jakarta 7 years 10 months ago #21066

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

it seams that we not aware that when we respond, that is that what triggers more post and sharing of knowledge

You just arrived here, bombarded the forum with posts, and you are telling us we're not aware? Speak for yourself please, not for me.

I been back in this forum on postings that are older than two years and viewed all

Leading to loads of irrelevant questions to people who posted once, but never bothered to return - even though they certainly did get good advise.

Many trees haven't been updated, few had comments, but that is what interests me, swing progress and critics, the inspiration that people posted in the first please should be kept alive. That makes in my opinion a good forum. People may think otherwise!

That is what most of us come for - to see inspiring examples and progressions. You posting your trees is great. What you're doing now though is not helping and frankly, if that's the direction you think this forum needs to move - creating loads of irrelevant posts - then I'm out. I'll go to Bonsainut. Loads of posts there too, but at least they're mostly relevant.

Hello from Jakarta 7 years 10 months ago #21071

• brkirkland22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 128
I think they're irrelevant posts only if the original poster is no longer here. I love seeing the progressions. I'd love to see what has happened to others' posts. I'm slack in my updates, so I'll be posting my own more often.

I encourage Indo Andreas to stick around. His posts and knowledge may be invaluable. I don't care how he presents it, or what feathers he ruffles - I say he posts what he damn well pleases.

Anda dipersilakan sini.
Hope I said that right.

Hello from Jakarta 7 years 10 months ago #21073

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
For me, it is hard to find out which threads I even started. A good overview of your own threads would improve the option to update. It is not about not wanting to, but just dificult to find what you posted. I am a member of different fora, and try to not post the same trees to all fora all the time.

Hello from Jakarta 7 years 10 months ago #21074

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I think they're irrelevant posts only if the original poster is no longer here

That's what I was talking about.

I encourage Indo Andreas to stick around.

Of course. So do I.

Last edit: Post by Auk.
  • Page: