TOPIC:

Can't help my self noticing! 7 years 11 months ago #21757

• Indo Andreas
  • Indo Andreas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 92
Hi everybody,

Being now on this forum for a couple of weeks, I can't help my self noticing that the individuals with the biggest application of theoretical knowledge, are the ones, with the least to show on their own tree examples. Rather they only criticising the shown trees, in a form that sometimes does not lead to actually make changes, because the tips, on how to change are mostly not being discussed or given specifically enough.

Those that leave the comments almost in any post, notice that this and that is not right, but the way to give a detailed description of doing the improvement and leading by example of the same by showing their trees, is spare in details, or mostly missing.

" there are outsiders of this forum ", that noticed this, I being honest and discussed with them this point, there reply to me about some individuals here, I rather do not post because it leads to un-wanted discussions, but let me say this, you would be knocked on the floor!

The one that post their work, are actually the one that work and taking their time to render the pictures write their progression and put them here to be subject.

The one that does not post pictures of the trees, want be subject, are they afraid or would there status be compromised, what ever status they may think they have!

Again the theory is welcomed, but any other downgrading comment are not, knowing anything better all the time, but never see that individuals have a mind of there own, is not considered fair game and should not be here .

The so called bashing and beating come mostly from this people, that do not expose them self to the same treatment (because they show nothing) and being subject rather only to do the theoretical TEACHER part or playing God the al knowing."SHOW US"

After a while a question raises the thought of; are they that good? Did they only study theory? Again, they don't post or post very little their work done (some even over a Year ago) but they criticise anybody else. They one that post their trees, don't actual do that, or when they do they bring positive critics and inputs and even pictures as a sample, on what they trying to bring across, this is inspiring.

I don't wanna criticise anybody's work, because that is not what this or any other forum is about, this helping each other to improve and bring it across nice, in my sense, positively with constructive ways of applying knowledge.

Showing work including the mistakes on makes, I like that because one can learn from them. I would never tell anybody that it is not a Bonsai, and saying it is a (stick in a pot), it is a supermarket plant, did they start as masters by giving this answers??

I view all postings, and are impressed by so many great trees, but I comment to them, with what I experience mostly through my own work experiences, the theory comes through information of there replies and when the share the knowledge where they wanna go with their trees, but applying it, comes through their practice.

In the end, I am not going to be here to compete, lecture, or downgrading people, I am here to have fun to learn and to develop, through work of others and work I am showing to gain more experiences. But mostly, I like to see other peoples trees and pictures, because that is inspiring, learning from their mistakes and seeing where and how the get to achieve the results is what it is all about.

I thank all this wonderful people, that aiming for the same goals, and thank you for showing your trees leading by example in doing so, you have my outmost respect, because you not only write here but actually take the time and work to post your trees here.

Thank you
The topic has been locked.

Can't help my self noticing! 7 years 11 months ago #21769

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

I can't help my self noticing that the individuals with the biggest application of theoretical knowledge, are the ones, with the least to show on their own tree examples

www.wikiwand.com/en/Appeal_to_accomplishment

Can't help my self noticing! 7 years 11 months ago #21770

• Indo Andreas
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't help my self noticing! 7 years 11 months ago #21776

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
Interesting to see a rambling post, never getting concrete into what the problems are.

Maybe you are running in cultural differences, where you think people are attacking you, yet people are merely trying to help you. I think I pointed that out before. By getting in a discussion why you are right and the other is wrong, every time someone tries to point something out, you may get less and less input.

As for claims that people are not showing their trees.. I would like to know who you are referring to. Maybe not everyone is into flooding a forum with onsorted pictures. Everyone is different. Deal with it. (Also something I tried to make clear to you before).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Auk

Can't help my self noticing! 7 years 11 months ago #21777

• Indo Andreas
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
:) :cheer: :)
I am not the only one with that view, but never mind!

Can't help my self noticing! 7 years 11 months ago #21779

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
I do not know what others think of this. I for one would like to know who you think are not contibuting to the forum.

You refer to people not showing their own work.. A person writes a comment, about improving an action or method. In my view there are 2 options:

- The comment is valid
- The comment is not valid

In the first instance, people will agree
In the second instance, people will counter the comment

I have not seen a lot of posts on this post that are unfair/besides the point/unrelevant. I would say it is more important what you do with the input.

I for one do not see how what someone comments on relates to what the person him or herself decides to share of his/her work on this forum.

- Not everyone is willing to post their best trees online for some very clear (e.g. security) reasons.
- Others may be more ciritical towards their own trees than some on this forum and therefor not willing to show them yet.

If someone decides to post his/her trees, that means you want people to look and comment on them. If you cannot handle that, do not post trees. Do not go about telling other people off for not being like you.

Pff. It feels like I can repeat the same thing over and over again.

Can't help my self noticing! 7 years 11 months ago #21780

• Indo Andreas
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Maybe you are running in cultural differences, where you think people are attacking you.

I don't feel attacked in any way, why should I feel like, it is a matter of fact that some people share my view, that why I wrote the above, simple as that. I would love to prove my point in this matter, but I can't compromise others without giving them up, so take it or leave it, it is what it is. I am already happy to deflect this of the bonsai topic, there I wrote it here.

Cultural differences, let me think about this one, which culture difference you do refer to? I don't see any difference in cultures here.

"If you cannot handle that, do not post trees. Do not go about telling other people off for not being like you."

I did not tell anybody off, as far as I remember, show me that I did, I may not be aware of it.

Maybe not everyone is into flooding a forum with onsorted pictures.

Some people, actually like it, but never mind it is your opinion that I flood the forum, I just post what I think some people may like, others don't, guess its up to the individual to decide what they like or not. The same for opinion, some like it some not.

I think you post some very good comments and I appreciate it, no matter, I posted mine, wherever you are appreciate this is your opinion, that I will happily accept.
Last edit: Post by Indo Andreas.

Can't help my self noticing! 7 years 11 months ago #21782

• el_cheezer
  • Thanks received: 19
I think what Indo is trying to say is that some of the comments on the board seem to be more of the "you're doing it wrong and it's stupid" kind, instead of the "you're doing it wrong, this is why, and this is how you fix it" kind.

A lot of us are trying to learn the artist aspect of bonsai, while also learning the botanical aspect of it. While being made aware of a mistake is a necessity to one's own improvement, there is no improvement if a correction isn't offered. Bonsai is very competitve, but information and techniques have to be shared. Otherwise, everyone is left reinventing the wheel instead of improving the artform. And while cultural and personal differences may make interacting online difficult, I believe there is room on the boards for those who want to be chatty and for those who choose to be more reserved.
Last edit: Post by el_cheezer.

Can't help my self noticing! 7 years 11 months ago #21783

• Indo Andreas
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Very well said and to the point, thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Can't help my self noticing! 7 years 11 months ago #21786

• tubaboy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 170
To be quite honest, having been on several forums.. for nearly 20 years now, this is one of the more friendly ones. And definitely one of the more on topic ones. Most comments have to do with the actual subject matter. I have learned a lot, gotten some valuable ideas about all aspects of tree care and styling.

It also helped me understand what actually makes a bonsai. I've made the mistake of calling a small potted tree a bonsai, and while the scolding I got was thorough, I can understand it. I studied music, and am a professional musician and composer. I know what makes a symphony or particular styles and forms in music. Those things are given specific names to avoid confusion. That's why a suite is not a symphony. But whatever.

What I'm trying to say is: I don't really see what you are talking about.
  • Page: