• Page:

TOPIC: Evolve - private area

Evolve - private area 1 year 2 months ago #38228

This category is accessible to all, but for now only the most active members of the forum can post in it. This way we offer active posters a private area for discussions.

In a few weeks time we'll evaluate together if it works, and if more members should have access to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alainleon1983, tubaboy, Clicio
  • Oscar
  • Oscar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thanks received: 171

Evolve - private area 1 year 2 months ago #38232

Sounds like a great idea and I'm honoured to have been chosen.
I think Madartej21 said in a previous topic that there is simply not enough happening for us to post very often so I am slightly worried that this section will not get many posts in it, but hopefully it will take off.
I do have a question about the precise purpose of "Evolve" - is this a place for us only to discuss our current trees or is it more for general discussions on the art, techniques, inspiration and the such?
  • BonsaiLearner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 101

Evolve - private area 1 year 2 months ago #38234

Thanks for the invitation Oscar.
I guess (and hope) this category is going to be a hit!
  • Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 865

Evolve - private area 1 year 2 months ago #38235

Thanx for adding me again Oscar, I will make sure lads have something to discuss here for certain :)
  • Mimo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 472

Evolve - private area 1 year 2 months ago #38237

BonsaiLearner wrote: I think Madartej21 said in a previous topic that there is simply not enough happening for us to post very often so I am slightly worried that this section will not get many posts in it, but hopefully it will take off.

True, but a good quality post every now and then is much better than battleing through tons of newbies everyday while they claim their right to call whatever they have a bonsai
The following user(s) said Thank You: BonsaiLearner
  • Madartej21
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 100

Evolve - private area 1 year 2 months ago #38240

BonsaiLearner wrote: I do have a question about the precise purpose of "Evolve" - is this a place for us only to discuss our current trees or is it more for general discussions on the art, techniques, inspiration and the such?

Its a place for your trees and yeah, especially for deeper discussions on the art and techniques!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BonsaiLearner
  • Oscar
  • Oscar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thanks received: 171

Evolve - private area 1 year 2 months ago #38259

It does sound like a great idea! Thanks for choosing me, not really sure that I belong here, as I am really still a beginner. It will be nice to have a place where we won't see the same questions all the time.
  • tubaboy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 95

Evolve - private area 1 year 2 months ago #38277

Greetings Oscar and the rest of the Evolve forum members,

I´m, as those before of me have already posted, really honored to be selected to participate within this section. I´d try to make the best of it and yes, meaningful Bonsai discussions and seeing beautiful trees from time to time I consider it a pleasure. I´ll make sure to come in from time to time to see you all and learn from you guys.

Thanks Oscar and a strong salute to the rest of members voted in ;)

Alain
  • alainleon1983
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 182

Evolve - private area 1 year 2 months ago #38339

Yes, thank you for including me. I have justbreturned from Lodders Bonsai and I am just recovering from the trip. I will show the trees bought there soon. I have to go and unpack them from the car first. I arrived home last night after midnight so they stayed there.
As always it was a worthwhile visit which we make once a year. Not the open day but just after,
Geoff.
  • m5eaygeoff
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 370
  • Page: