• Page:

TOPIC: Let's talk about deadwood?

Let's talk about deadwood? 1 year 2 months ago #38467

And then a colleague came in. Took to long so I could not post my edited post... here it is:

Madartej21 wrote: What is your own opinion about tanuki if I may ask?

There is so much that is fake nowadays... look in supermarkets and see how many of the ingredients you expect are in the product you buy, are actually cheap replacements.
For example, there is a certain type of cookie I like very much, that is supposed to contain a filling made of almonds and sugar. However, the cheap, supermarket ones contain ground white beans or soy beans.

Once a supermarked had cheap lemonade on sale. 50 cents for 2 liters. Checking the ingedients I saw it contained nothing but water, sugar and carrot (for the colour).

On a weekly program, that exposes things like this, I saw how a quail farm, selling 'free range quail eggs', purchased these eggs from a French company, that kept the quails in battery cages.

I can give you loads of examples of stuff that is sold as something that it is not (oh wait... is that why I'm such a fanatic about things that are not bo... oh never mind).

If it is clear it is not real though, I'm not sure. Long, long ago I saw a juniper that was growing on a piece of wood, integrated with it, that was carved in the shape of a dragon. I thought it was awesome.
  • Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1378

Let's talk about deadwood? 1 year 2 months ago #38469

We know you don't like fake stuff but now Im pretty sure you have a phobia :P

Me myself hate these as well, especially when it comes to food. Im really trying to be aware of what I am eating.

The other day my significant other bought a few cactuses. She though they were blooming but in reality they got some plastic flower glued to them. Disgusting.

And back to tanuki. If it is claimed a tanuki, I don't have much problem with them. It could also take a long time and needs experience and knowledge to create a good one. Do I like them? Not really, but I can accept them as long as they don't lie about it
  • Madartej21
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 100

Let's talk about deadwood? 1 year 2 months ago #38493

Hm.. The topic is deadwood, but tanuki if more interesting. I will start a topic on it I suppose..

Love the deadwood. I do not think this one was on display in April when I visited..
  • leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1891

Let's talk about deadwood? 1 year 2 months ago #38498

leatherback wrote: Love the deadwood. I do not think this one was on display in April when I visited..

This was in November.
The tree was in that "not forbidden" area where pictures can be taken.
  • Clicio
  • Clicio's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 865
  • Page: