• Page:

TOPIC: Emergency repots after care

Emergency repots after care 4 months 6 days ago #42510

I have a prevet that I missed the Ball on repotting this spring. it is so root bound I almost had to cut the roots to get it out of the pot. any tips on after care other than avoiding direct sunlight? it was backbudding all over the place before it started to have problems with being root bound, and it has been a few days, and still seems to be ok.
  • tubaboy
  • tubaboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 84

Emergency repots after care 4 months 6 days ago #42511

I pulled one out of the pot 3 days ago. Water was not getting through the soil, and it was pushing all the substrate from the pot.Mine is agains a wall, which protects it from direct sun & most wind. I keep it well watered.After a week or 2 I will move it back to the regular spot. (But mine has a good fine root structure, so regrowth of sufficient roots will be quick).
The following user(s) said Thank You: tubaboy
  • leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1629

Emergency repots after care 4 months 6 days ago #42513

I ropotted this guy last year in the spring, and had had to slip-pot it last year after about 2-3 months, so as long as I didn't take too much of the root Ball it should be fine, I think. right now it is on the one balcony that only gets morning sun, but it is shades there, and because it is lower than the lip, it should be protected from the Wind.
  • tubaboy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Emergency repots after care 3 months 2 weeks ago #43128

Any thoughts on when I can put the tree back into full sun?

most guides say a month. it has started to grow again and seems to be fine... but I think I might wait a little bit yet.
  • tubaboy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Page: