Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

I'm going to stop 6 years 1 month ago #37894

• Auk
  • Auk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791
Look at this mess. Just look at it. People taking their seedlings with them while travelling. Ikea ficuses. The sheer amount of near dead mallsai. People wanting to wire their seedlings. And the occasional nut telling us we should not be mean to visitors and that everything in a pot is a bonsai, as long as you're having fun with it.

Just look at the recent posts. There's no denying it anymore - this forum isn 't about bonsai. it's a graveyard of dead and dying plants, from people that do not have the foggiest idea about what bonsai is.

Why does this happen on this forum?
Why is a Koi forum about Koi, why is a forum about motorcycles about motorcycles, why is a forum about dogs about dogs, why are forums about sports about sports, but why is this forum NOT about bonsai?

I've had enough, I cannot take it anymore.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio, kirsty11
Last edit: Post by Auk.
The topic has been locked.

I'm going to stop 6 years 1 month ago #37898

• spacewood
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 113
Its a big surprise you still bother to deal with all that. I dont want you to leave though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio

I'm going to stop 6 years 1 month ago #37899

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549

Look at this mess.
I've had enough, I cannot take it anymore.

Please, stay.
Let's fight!

I'm going to stop 6 years 1 month ago #37904

• Madartej21
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 102
You don't see ugly rats with a label on them saying "DOG" . Sellers saw a chance and took it by putting saplings into pots and labelling them bonsai. You can see them everywhere. In supermarkets, in little shops, webshops, nureseries, "bonsai"articles, care guides, etc. Even this bonsai page sells young plants in pots and have some pictures of mallsais.

Of course people fight for their plant to be called bonsai, they have seen similar everywhere as a bonsai. Its not their fault after all.

But it is really hard to stop these sellers by law. Its not really easy to put it together in law, what is bonsai and whats not.

I have the same problem with my own product here in Hungary. I make "pálinka" which is a traditional hungarian drink, but a lot of people sell some low quality mess with the label "pálinka", even though its clear that they have nothing to do with palinka. And then customers say to me they bought pálinka for far cheaper, bla bla They really believe they bought pálinka and have no idea what real pálinka is...

I'm going to stop 6 years 1 month ago #37907

• Mimo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 927
Hey Madartej, since you are not far from me, I have an offer for you! I will take you for a yamadori hunting trip in our orchard and you will bring some Palinka to show me what you´ve got and what palinka is, deal? :D

Auk, never mind those endless questions, use this forum to show us your bonsai endeavours and we will have fun again :)
You are not obliget to explain every new visitor that ... well, you know.
Focus on your trees, and show everybody what bonsai is really about by posting their progresses.
Anybody who really care will get it eventually :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Auk, Clicio

I'm going to stop 6 years 1 month ago #37913

• Auk
  • Auk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

That's what I meant - stop replying to new visitors with their nonsai. Getting a mallsai and asking if you should take it out of its plastic box.... I mean.... seriously... what are these people thinking?

I'm going to stop 6 years 1 month ago #37914

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 853
I looked at a couple of posts this morning, and I started to reply, then I decided not to. I have a look every day, but I don't reply that often.

I'm going to stop 6 years 1 month ago #37916

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549

That's what I meant - stop replying to new visitors with their nonsai.

Yes.
Good for your sanity.
This nonsense with all these always the same questions is becoming ridiculous

I'm going to stop 6 years 1 month ago #37919

• Madartej21
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

That's what I meant - stop replying to new visitors with their nonsai. Getting a mallsai and asking if you should take it out of its plastic box.... I mean.... seriously... what are these people thinking?

You know I started the same way as they do. (Not like I am a professional now) I had the same vision about bonsai what they have. But I read the topics and kept reading articles and so on. Now I really have a strong basic knowledge about this art, just enough to know its really for me and I can't wait for my material to grow enough to train and collect more trees and maybe if I can save up I could buy some decent , trained bonsai.

So, sometimes I really hope they go on the path I chose to go

I'm going to stop 6 years 1 month ago #37920

• Madartej21
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Hey Madartej, since you are not far from me, I have an offer for you! I will take you for a yamadori hunting trip in our orchard and you will bring some Palinka to show me what you´ve got and what palinka is, deal? :D

Hey long time no see!! Actually it would be fantastic. You showed us a lot of fantastic material you collected. I have never collected a real yamadori, so it would be amazing. Which part of Slovakia are you located?