Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

I'm going to stop 6 years 1 month ago #37927

• tubaboy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 170

That's what I meant - stop replying to new visitors with their nonsai. Getting a mallsai and asking if you should take it out of its plastic box.... I mean.... seriously... what are these people thinking?[/quote]

Of course you needn't reply to every new post, and visitor. If the plant looks like it might able to be saved, I would reply. If it looks like it might have more potential than others, I would reply. If it seems like an honest question, I would also reply. Other than that, why waste your time?
The topic has been locked.

I'm going to stop 6 years 1 month ago #37931

• Mimo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 927

Hey Madartej, since you are not far from me, I have an offer for you! I will take you for a yamadori hunting trip in our orchard and you will bring some Palinka to show me what you´ve got and what palinka is, deal? :D

Hey long time no see!! Actually it would be fantastic. You showed us a lot of fantastic material you collected. I have never collected a real yamadori, so it would be amazing. Which part of Slovakia are you located?

I´m in the east, few km from Košice :)

I'm going to stop 6 years 1 month ago #37933

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 853
Isn't it amazing that the threads that are the ones that run are those that are not about bonsai?

I'm going to stop 6 years 1 month ago #37958

• Bucknell
  • Thanks received: 3
Amazing... Even the bonsai community has a group of people with the heads firmly up their own arses!!!.
Whats wrong with you people, everybody starts a hobby as a leaner the same as you platinum members unless you came into this world Bonsai experts??
When people find this forum as i did, we think maybe ill ask for some advise why? because this place if full of people with knowledge and maybe just maybe they could help? So why are the guys with the knowledge so reluctant to share? Instead you are just plain rude in your response!!
If you platinum members are so sick of newbies asking questions the why dont you go and make a whats app group .... or if any of you guys are the owners of this forum then stop inviting new members, It really is that simple
The following user(s) said Thank You: kirsty11

I'm going to stop 6 years 1 month ago #37960

• Madartej21
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 102
Its ok to ask questions. Its not ok not to accept that what they have is not bonsai.It is also not ok that they are defending their "bonsai" because it had a label on it.
Also the answers are mostly on this particulas website in the articles and topics.

I'm going to stop 6 years 1 month ago #37963

• Bucknell
Even that makes no sense Madartej21, why attack the people that brought a plant or had one given as a present... they/ we dont know any better but you guys do so why not offer advise, not abuse!
Its the retailers that are at fault so maybe you should form te Bonsai Police and go arrest the for selling fake Bonsai

I'm going to stop 6 years 1 month ago #37964

• spacewood
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 113

Amazing... Even the bonsai community has a group of people with the heads firmly up their own arses!!!.
Whats wrong with you people, everybody starts a hobby as a leaner the same as you platinum members unless you came into this world Bonsai experts??
When people find this forum as i did, we think maybe ill ask for some advise why? because this place if full of people with knowledge and maybe just maybe they could help? So why are the guys with the knowledge so reluctant to share? Instead you are just plain rude in your response!!
If you platinum members are so sick of newbies asking questions the why dont you go and make a whats app group .... or if any of you guys are the owners of this forum then stop inviting new members, It really is that simple

First, you must be willing to learn, not come here and argue with ones with knowledge, as many newcomers do. Bonsai art is something you learn and study for years, may be for life. Problem is this forum is for Bonsai artists and lovers, not a learning school for desperate people with non-sai in hand. If you should get angry on someone, that should be the guy in the shop who sold you branch stuck in soggy soil. They deceit people and take their money for nothing. Or just blame yourself for being stubborn and ignorant avoiding the truth. Still, people here with knowledge keep giving some basic feedback and hints and tips to ones we talk about here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mimo, crent89, kirsty11

I'm going to stop 6 years 1 month ago #37966

• Madartej21
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 102
I don't know who you are talking about, I haven't seen anyone attacking new members. But I have seen you using th word arse with the relation of our noses, which I find pretty agressive. Then there is another invidual few topics below, who has been told that his/her sapling is not qualified as a bonsai due to lack of qualities that resembles to a mature tree. He/She could not accept it and burst out in anger calling everyone a**holes. I don't know, it seems to me that new members are more likely to be rude and aggressive when they are told the truth. Th truth here is the help in my opinion. They need to know what bonsai is to be able to do bonsai. If they keep on doing what they do with their young plants because we say its alright you are doing fine with you beautiful bonsai , they eventually will be told that its not bonsai somewhere else.And guess what they will come back telling us that we lied to them and how big of an a**hole we are.

Jeez people think before typing anything
The following user(s) said Thank You: crent89

I'm going to stop 6 years 1 month ago #37971

• crent89
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 230
people always wonder why cops are so rude or sarcastic and hate cops. you ask people why they hate cops, they say because they are mean. cops deal with people everyday, they've heard every excuse in the books, deal with crazy people everyday. dont you think they get tired of the same thing over and over. hearing excuses they heard a million times, dealing with people always trying to hurt them or put them out to be the bad guys when they are the ones that committed the crime. answering the same questions over and over gets old for these people. if you search the forum or the site 95% of the time you can find the answers to your question. its not that they are rude. most times people ask a question and the thread right below it or a few down are about the same topic. read about the problems your having, search them on google, join clubs and watch videos. when the questions are answered or people give there advice the Original Poster argues because it wasn't the response he or she wanted but in all reality its the truth.

I'm going to stop 6 years 1 month ago #37972

• Bucknell
Of course they should be willing to learn, for me thats why i joined because I am struggling with an issue but why do public forums always have people who want to jump on others that dont know any better...
Its not what you do but the way you do it