Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Something you’ve potted up, taken from the ground 3 years 7 months ago #62468

• Jakey_boy
  • Jakey_boy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 3
Hey all, was interested to see what weird things you’ve seen on your way, decided dig up and bonsai. Found this asparagus fern doing well growing below a fence line about 6 months ago and had to snag it. Love the canopy it offers. Super low in maintenance and is always green. One of my sidewalk favs

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Jakey_boy.

Something you’ve potted up, taken from the ground 3 years 7 months ago #62473

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549
WoW!
It looks nice and elegant!
Should work wonderfully as an accent plant in a bonsai show!

Something you’ve potted up, taken from the ground 3 years 7 months ago #62476

• FrankC
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 160
Hi, it looks good. Don't know how big it's gonna be, but I think the size of your pot is too large.
Second remark I have , I find the contrast in all the colors too hard, the blue of the pot, the white of the soil en the fresh green off the leaves

Something you’ve potted up, taken from the ground 3 years 7 months ago #62477

• Ivan Mann
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 603
For the last four years I have been getting everything off of trees on the lot my house is on. There is a large section by a creek that is unusable for housing, or anything else and out of it I have gotten winged elms, cherries, a pear, and others. Some of these are wild and some are volunteers from trees in the area.

Also, I have dug up a lot of former shrubs around the house. There are some fall blooming azaleas that have been blooming on the back porch and attracting hummingbirds and butterflies in swarms.

Also, there is a maple tree in the front yard that my oldest planted as a birthday present for my wife in about 1987 that has spectacular fall colors, and I have gathered a bunch of seedlings from it to turn into young bonsais as presents for the boys - a little piece of home. I have enough to make a small grove for us to take if we ever move out of the house.

I could go out looking other places, but I don't have space for what I have now, so there isn't much point in that.

Something you’ve potted up, taken from the ground 3 years 7 months ago #62478

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549

I find the contrast in all the colors too hard, the blue of the pot, the white of the soil and the fresh green off the leaves

Yes, now that you mention it, the pot (it's a nice pot) is a little too deep blue for the foliage, and yes, it could be shallower.
Just to make it even better!

• Page: