Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Seperatioın of seedling 5 years 7 months ago #43169

• GirayAlp
  • GirayAlp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hello;

I am an amateur when it comes to gardening and I think, I have a huge problem. I planted 10 seeds of black pine bonsai (I think) in a big pot 1 month ago with the prediction of max. 2 of them will become a seedling. With a surprise 8 of them became a seedling and now I need to separate them into different pots because they are so close and I am afraid they are going to die or I will not separate in the future because their roots connected to each other.

If I separate them now are they going to die?

Note: I read in the forum this type needs to stay outdoor but I am keeping them outside. I am living desert kind of a place at noon its 33C (91.4F) and at night 12C(53.6F) I think it's not good for them to be outside.

Thank you for your help.

Attachment not found

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Seperatioın of seedling 5 years 7 months ago #43170

• GirayAlp
  • GirayAlp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
This is the image

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Seperatioın of seedling 5 years 7 months ago #43171

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791
So, you have no experience gardening, you do not know what you planted, you planted them wrong, you are ignoring the advice that is given continuously to keep trees there where they belong: outside, there's a chance your trees are not suitable for your climate, and you're trying to grow bonsai, which requires at least some knowledge of growing trees, the right environment, lots of dedicated care, and loads of time?

Can't see how that's going to work.

Can't tell if your seedlings will survive. It depends on various things. Note the image isn't there, you may have to reduce it in size.

Seperatioın of seedling 5 years 7 months ago #43172

• m5eaygeoff
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 850
There is no image, but the best way to handle seedling is to pot up when they are big enough to handle. You could put them all into a seed tray or individual pots if they are big enough. Bear in mind that it will b a very long time before you will be able to do anything to these apart from water and I mean 4 to 5 years

• Page: