• Page:

TOPIC:

Japanese Holly dying 4 years 2 months ago #56466

• Bethcushing
  • Bethcushing's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi,
I posted previously about my bonsai but still have a few questions
I was sold my bonsai as an indoor plant but after having it for a year it has dropped almost all its leaves and the ones that are left are turning brown and very crispy.

I am told this is because I have it kept indoors? I assume that is correct?
I water the bonsai thoroughly whenever the soil feels like it needs it and it gets plenty of light.
I have made cuts into the trunk and it is no longer green. I'm am assuming this means the bonsai is dead and it is past reviving however if there is anything more I can do please let me know.

Will it recover if I put it outside? Or is the shock from going from a warm inside environment to the very cold weather outside just going to kill it too?

Many thanks

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Japanese Holly dying 4 years 2 months ago #56470

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 853
Where are you ? If it is very cold then it will not like being outside without getting used to it.There is no doubt whatsoever that the plant is only just about surviving inside. Too hot too dry and no light. If you have temperatures above freezing then get it outside, otherwise in the coolest brightest place possible be careful watering and hope.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bethcushing

Japanese Holly dying 4 years 2 months ago #56495

• lucR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 487
Get rid of the dead moss and the pebbles, they prevent you from seeing the soil. The moss and pebbles could possibly be glued on the soil.Check the moisture level of the soil ( stick a chopstick in it, wait dome time and see if the chopstick is damp). If not: water thoroughly;
Second, is there a hole in that container? If yes: do you water so much that it runs out of that hole? If not: that's a problem.
As the previous poster said: get it outside but if its winter in your area do it in little steps, first to an unheated room, then a garden shed where there is no frost.

• Page: