Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

first three and some noob questions 4 years 2 months ago #56493

• fredithedog
  • fredithedog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hello all I've just got my first tree and I don't have a clue how to take care of it. It sims to be a pine of some sort but i'm not sure what kind. The lady at the store told my to drench it in water once in three weeks and to keep it in cool place. That's all the instructions i've gotten. Will this be enough or will it kill my tree. Should i use wires on it allready or keep it growth natural for a while? Do i need to use fertilisers? So many questions i don't know where to start. Firs I'd just like it to survive so any tips on water and sunlight/climate conditions are very welcome. Thanks a bunch ;)

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

first three and some noob questions 4 years 2 months ago #56496

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Hello all I've just got my first tree and I don't have a clue how to take care of it. It sims to be a pine of some sort but i'm not sure what kind. The lady at the store told my to drench it in water once in three weeks and to keep it in cool place.

Oh god.... :blink:

Yes, this is a sure way to kill the plant, especially when you're keeping it indoors, or if you keep it outdoors and it gets drier and warmer in summer (or in spring. I don't know what your climate is like)

First tip:
Ask what you're buying BEFORE you buy it. Don't just get a plant and then ask questions. You wouldn't buy a Freshwater Stingray, and when at home, wonder how to care for it and if you maybe need an aquarium.

This plant belongs outdoors. Watering is done when needed. Find the care guidelines for pines under the 'tree species' section, top of the page.
Do not try shaping/wiring/pruning/repotting before you are capable of keeping the tree alive and making it grow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio, Rorror, fredithedog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Auk.
  • Page: