Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Leaves are turning dark green and falling off 4 years 32 minutes ago #57335

• Scotty1985
  • Scotty1985's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi there everyone!
I am new to bonsai trees but have recently (around 1 month ago) bought one. Recently, some of weeks the tiny leaves are turning dark green and falling off! I am worried if this is a light problem or a watering problem? I also can't identify what type of bonsai I have? Thank you so much!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Scotty1985.

Leaves are turning dark green and falling off 3 years 11 months ago #57337

• lucR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 487
You probably won't like this but here goes: first of all that is not a bonsai. Second : why do you buy a plant you don't know anything about. Third: why on earth did you wire it , and third b in such a shape? Four: why is it inside, and five: is there a hole in that pot, so water can run through?

Leaves are turning dark green and falling off 3 years 11 months ago #57339

• Scotty1985
  • Scotty1985's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Thank you lucR

In response to your questions: 1) I thought it was a bonsai because the lady in the plant shop told me 2) I have started to research the plant but you’re right, should have done this before buying 3) I didn’t wire it, this is how I bought it 4) I was told this is an indoor plant/tree 5) yes water can run though a hole in the bottom

Do you know what type of plant/tree this is? Any any idea why it might be loosing its leaves?

Thank you again :)

Leaves are turning dark green and falling off 3 years 11 months ago #57340

• lucR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 487
Scotty, I have a nice Ferrari here in the garage, I'm sure you want to buy it:) :) B)
Ok, where to start... plant species: I'm not going to do all the work for you but I' ll provide clues.
- plant species: there is a nice section in this wonderful website where you can find out what plant you have.
- search for the word mallsai
- there is no such thing as an indoor tree.
- if you are really interested in the wonderful art of bonsai: this forum/ website is the place to start

• Page: