Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Damaged tree 1 year 2 months ago #79184

• DanLinde
  • DanLinde's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
I was away from home for about a month. A friend was watering my trees. When I returned, my acacia tree seemed to have been almost uprooted out the sand. Most worryingly, a portion of its trunk had snapped clean off. I pulled the bottom part of that trunk out of the soil (it was just sitting loose). This was a tree that I repotted only a month or so ago.
I need help as to what I should do now, please. I am still new to bonsai and have not experienced anything like this before. I do not know how this happened to the tree (maybe in a storm while I was out of town). Should I repot again submerge the roots properly?

I am including a photo of the tree after it was repotted, a photo of it after the damage, and a photo after the damage showing the piece of the trunk that I pulled out.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Damaged tree 1 year 2 months ago #79187

• m5eaygeoff
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 850
That is some very poor looking soil, If the plant is loose in the pot did you wire it into the pot? The plant looks as if it has been dry, if it is loose then it would probably be better to re pot it if you cannot get it firm in the pot. Trees are not potted in sand if that is what you used then you need some proper soil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: