Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Absolute beginner? 10 years 3 weeks ago #10665

• meternal
  • meternal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Soo, I got a bonzai tree just an hour ago, appearantly my grandma couldn't take care of it and it looks pretty ruined. But if it's trying to be alive, I want to help it. I'm guessing it's a "Dwarf Pomegranate Bonsai" (I just checked it in ID my bonzai section, not that I know anything). I have NO idea what I'm supposed to do to bring it back to life, should I just water it regularly and wait for it to get itself together? Should I do something else? I really want to help it...

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Absolute beginner? 10 years 3 weeks ago #10666

• ironhorse
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 72
Hard to tell from the photo - can you upload a better one? But I think it may be a poorly Fukien Tea rather than Pomegranate. Either way, keep moist but not overwatered, if indoors give as much natural light as possible, plenty of humidity.

Dave

Absolute beginner? 10 years 3 weeks ago #10667

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 855
What ever it is it looks sick. Can you turn off the pink so the words are readable. The plant you have could be a Serrissa, but it is a long way from being bonsai.
Water as needed when almost dry. Keep in the best light you can. It is a tender plant, and needs frost protection.
It would help to know what country you are in.

Absolute beginner? 10 years 3 weeks ago #10668

• meternal
  • meternal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Sorry for the poor photo, my iPod certainly can't take good photos. Here you go, I guess this one is better. I'm living in Turkey, it doesn't get so cold here. So for the time being, I'll just water it whenever it gets dry.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Absolute beginner? 10 years 3 weeks ago #10669

• alainleon1983
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 185
Hard to tell by this photo which tree ti is. You should probably take a photo of its leaves to have a better clue. Also, it would be nice if you take the photo removing the backlight. As for the tree... I really hope you can bring it back. It's always a shame to lose a tree. Good luck!

• Page: