Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

New Bonsai 9 years 10 months ago #10877

• Xan
  • Xan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hello all,

I got a new bonsai and I was asking myself what type of plant it is. I did some searching on the internet and the best I could get is that the tree is some type of ligustrum? I am really knew at this stuff.

Here are some pictures:
imgur.com/vVbtwlq,4gHXraq,pRIiWC6,7Vn9yFQ

Now for my questions :P

As you can see in the pictures it has some growth that should be cut, even by my inexperienced eyes. Can I cut those branches? If I can how should it cut them? Just above the leafs and keep 2 leafs on that branch? All I know is what I got reading a bit on the net.

Thx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Bonsai 9 years 10 months ago #10878

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 850
Welcome to the forum. What country are you in? Where do you intend to keep this plant? How are you watering it? Yes it probably in Lugustrum, it needs some pruning, any branches growing straight up should be removed. Then you need to choose the leader and shorten or remove the rest at that level.Then just prune the shoots which are out of the design of the plant. I would suggest re potting sometime in your next springtime.

New Bonsai 9 years 10 months ago #10883

• bob
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 175
hi there, because i think you have edited the photo in some way, i cannot tell, i could be very wrong, but i do not think that it is any kind of privet.

jaimin

• Page: