Bonsai forum

Smallest Jade Bonsai is dropping all it's leaves!

• michellekmartin
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Smallest Jade Bonsai is dropping all it's leaves! was created by michellekmartin

Posted 9 years 10 months ago #11138
I received a Smallest Jade Bonsai tree as a gift from a friend back in March. It came with a small pamphlet regarding care of the tree and I have been following that. The tree was doing well for a while, but in the last month or so it has started to drop almost all of it's leaves. A few of them are regrowing but for the most part the tree is well on it's way to being completely bare. Any suggestions or insights as to what the cause of this might be?? I really don't want the tree to die completely!

Thanks!
by michellekmartin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 855

Replied by m5eaygeoff on topic Smallest Jade Bonsai is dropping all it's leaves!

Posted 9 years 10 months ago #11143
How are you watering it? Where are you keeping it What country are you in? Can you do a picture which would help a lot.
by m5eaygeoff

• michellekmartin
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Replied by michellekmartin on topic Smallest Jade Bonsai is dropping all it's leaves!

Posted 9 years 10 months ago #11145
I am in the United States in New England. It is inside as I live in the city and don't have any outdoor space to keep it in. It is in the living room, which gets direct sunlight for a few hours in the morning and then indirect sunlight for the rest of the day. I have been watering it once every 7-10 days by filling a bowl with water and then placing the plant in it to absorb from a small hole in the bottom of the pot. I also was gently misting the leaves and moss covering it per the instructions that came with it. I can attach a photo this evening.
by michellekmartin

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 855

Replied by m5eaygeoff on topic Smallest Jade Bonsai is dropping all it's leaves!

Posted 9 years 10 months ago #11147
Stop misting and I would remove the moss, and I don't think that is enough water, I would be watering when the soil is dry.
by m5eaygeoff

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Replied by leatherback on topic Smallest Jade Bonsai is dropping all it's leaves!

Posted 9 years 10 months ago #11263
Jade tree are notorious when it comes to incorrect watering. They do not like to dry out and be watered again and then dry out. The rootbal should not get rock-hard dry. It loves sunlight. Do not mist it.
by leatherback