• Page:

TOPIC:

natural? 9 years 9 months ago #11358

• bob
  • bob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 175
hello world, i post this topic to re sight something. my cousin said that bonsai are not natural and are tampered with, a lot. he means that we use human creation (which is unnatural) to make bonsai specimens (e.g. wiring, pruning, defoliation...). i do not know what to say to this as in most ways, he is true, that is why i posted this topic, i would like to see what people think about bonsai being natural or unnatural. thank you in possible advance.

jaimin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

natural? 9 years 9 months ago #11359

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791
Growing bonsai is as unnatural as putting flowers in a vase, keeping plants in house, pruning hedges, roses and grapevines, cutting the grass, grafting apple trees and even collecting and planting seeds in stead of letting them grow where they fall.

Consequently, the following things are unnatural too: Having a garden, drinking wine, eating bread to name a few.

If we only did things that your cousing apparently considers natural, we would still be hunting for meat and gathering wild berries.

Last edit: Post by Auk.

natural? 9 years 9 months ago #11361

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
Agree with auk.
However, one thing to add: We use the natural ability of plants to miniturize if circumstances so demand. The very first bonsai were most likely plants that were naturally stunted due to local avers conditions (Cliff faces, rock-crevices etc). So the origine of bonsai lays in nature.

natural? 9 years 9 months ago #11362

• bob
  • bob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 175
thank you for your comments, i do get it now.
safe blood, in it :P
just joking, thanks

jaimin

• Page: