Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

My little tree looks like it´s dying... 9 years 2 weeks ago #14636

• Lana2016
  • Lana2016's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
yes it is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My little tree looks like it´s dying... 9 years 2 weeks ago #14637

• Lana2016

Just repot it.

I´m afraide it will be too much stress for it now....isn´t it?

It is in quite a bit of stress now. Isn't it ?

unfortunately it is =(

My little tree looks like it´s dying... 9 years 2 weeks ago #14638

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
This sort of looks are normally due to root-problems. Over fertilizing, drying out, overwatering etcetc. Dificult to judge which.

Taking it out of the current container, and placing in a larger pot, without messing with the roots, often helps a lot in solving the problems. I personally think this tree is too far gone to rescue unless you know really well what you are doing.

Main thing: Do not handle more than needed. Do not fertilize untill you are certain it has recovered.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lana2016

My little tree looks like it´s dying... 9 years 2 weeks ago #14640

• bob
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 175
the bark does get compacted and can become hydrophobic. don't water once a week, water when the soil starts to dry out, once a week is to little, especially with bark. try to get akadama some how. if you live in the UK then tescos lightweight low dust cat litter should do it. i would by another kind of feed. miracle gro works for me, but when you have fully developed bonsai, bio-gold is best (get feed obviously when it has recovered as Leatherback said).

good luck ;)

Last edit: Post by bob.

My little tree looks like it´s dying... 9 years 2 weeks ago #14642

• ironhorse
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 72
Direct sunlight won't hurt your tree, nor will high temps - high humidity is a must and keeping on a damp gravel tray will help with this. Suggest you don't disturb the roots for now but remove intact from the existing pot and put into a larger one surrounding it with a free draining soil mix. Best not feeding until there are clear signs of recovery.

Dave

My little tree looks like it´s dying... 9 years 2 weeks ago #14643

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791
Do not invest in akadama for this tree, don't get tesco's kitty litter, just use the soil you already purchased.
A humidity tray won't help, that's a myth. You could use it as a dripping tray though.
Don't get miracle grow or biogold, you don't need it.

Just repot it, and listen to Leatherback.

Last edit: Post by Auk.

My little tree looks like it´s dying... 9 years 2 weeks ago #14646

• Lana2016
Just a small update.

Repotted the tree, had some difficulties removing any soil at all as it seemed to only have roots and not even a hand full of any soil. The lady from the shop was really badly informed, the new bag just allowed to fill half of the pot (it´s a thing with incompetence here in Portugal, loads of professionals don´t really have an idea of what they are doing). The roots were HUGE! I´ve measures: the longest was 63 centimeters. Some fell of as I was trying to remove soil and open up the roots a bit. Also removed the vitamins.

Now I hope (and pray) that it will recover. I really hate it when plants don´t grow or die. Hopefully this will not be the case. I´d like to thank you all for the feedback and comments. I really appreciate all your support. In case the worst happens, I can say I´ve learnt alot about these threes and the art of bonsai itself, so I´ll be happy to get a new tree to start all over again.

May all your trees grow strong and healthy!!!!

My little tree looks like it´s dying... 9 years 2 weeks ago #14649

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653

Repotted the tree, had some difficulties removing any soil at all as it seemed to only have roots and not even a hand full of any soil. The lady from the shop was really badly informed, the new bag just allowed to fill half of the pot (it´s a thing with incompetence here in Portugal, loads of professionals don´t really have an idea of what they are doing). The roots were HUGE! I´ve measures: the longest was 63 centimeters. Some fell of as I was trying to remove soil and open up the roots a bit. Also removed the vitamins.

Don't know about professionals being badly informed. But eh..
Why did you mess with the roots? I thought you had a rescue mission there.

My little tree looks like it´s dying... 9 years 2 weeks ago #14650

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

I can say I´ve learnt alot about these threes and the art of bonsai itself, so I´ll be happy to get a new tree to start all over again.

You've learnt how to try and rescue a near-dead mallsai, but sorry, that does not mean you've learnt about the art of bonsai.

Last edit: Post by Auk.

My little tree looks like it´s dying... 9 years 2 weeks ago #14651

• Lana2016

I can say I´ve learnt alot about these threes and the art of bonsai itself, so I´ll be happy to get a new tree to start all over again.

You've learnt how to try and rescue a near-dead mallsai, but sorry, that does not mean you've learnt about the art of bonsai.

I got it right Auk, I didn´t learn "how to perform the art of bonsai", but I did learn what it is about. I didn´t mean "I know it all". I´m very far from that. ;)

• Page: