Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

No growing bonsai 6 years 8 months ago #35095

• Ozbek
  • Ozbek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 1
My bonsai has two spotted spider mites 2month ago. I use NeemAzal to kill them. I think I use it 7 times so it affect to leaves to brown.

Bonsai has new buds, they develop but later they turn to brown. I think I couldn't compeletly get rid of spider mites. What do you think?

Please help me... (sorry for bad english)

I change bonsai's pot today and I cut the roots little bit.

What should I do? Why new buds turn to brown?

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

No growing bonsai 6 years 8 months ago #35098

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 853
Using a pesticide seven times is not good. This may be the cause more than the possible pest. Also the plant is not outside where it should be. I do not think this is going to survive, as it is seriously damaged.
You must be very careful using poisons, they can affect the plant as I think has happened here. I would cut all the dead bits off stop fertilisr and put outside. Be careful with watering and hope. It may live

No growing bonsai 6 years 8 months ago #35099

• Ozbek
Thank you for your answer.

I still see two spotted spider mites. I think I should use pest again?? What should I do? Will I use pesticide or waiting?

No growing bonsai 6 years 8 months ago #35109

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
Why are you so sure you have spider mite on there? I see no trace of them being present.
If you have a graden, I would probably take the wohole plant out of the pot, and without doing anything else to it, place in the graden in early morning sun position and water welll. Then leave alone except for watering when dry.

No growing bonsai 6 years 8 months ago #35111

• Ozbek

This message has an attachment image.

No growing bonsai 6 years 8 months ago #35112

• Ozbek
I am sure because I saw them on leaves. I took picture of them 2 month ago. And I am still seeing on leaves but not too many. I saw 3-4 two spotted spider mites on leaves yesterday. I don't use NeemAzal now because I used too much in past 1month ago.

I haven't garden but I have balcony. Balcony has too much insects. So what will I do? I put bonsai in balcony or window??
(Sorry for bad english again)

No growing bonsai 6 years 8 months ago #35119

• Claudiu
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 25
Is that potted into dirt? It may be dying from overwatering. Where are you from ? I meen the climate, because plants cannot be repotted in august.
It s a little tricky to grow trees in a balcony but not impossible. I have most of my plants like that. I had spider mites but one spray was enough to get rid of them over night. Belive me, outside there are much more insects but that is not an issue. Plants and insects live toghether.

It may be a little to late for that tree. My recommendation is to get more info about bonsai and untill then, get some ficuses. They are very easy to grow on balconies if the temp is ok.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 333Adriaan333

No growing bonsai 6 years 8 months ago #35121

• Ozbek
I am in Turkey, at Istanbul. Climate is quite hot. My balcony always get sun. Is it healty?

I only want healty growing buds. Then it will survive.

Thank you.

This message has an attachment image.

No growing bonsai 6 years 8 months ago #35123

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
The thing is, spider mites make very fine webs. I see no webs whatsoever on your tree. So to me that would mean it is something else.

in any case.. I would guestimate that the repotting might be affecting your tree. Hard to tell without knowing what you did and whether that is the problem.
How much sun does this plant get? looking at the shoots, it looks like it is dark. It is outside, isn't it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ozbek

No growing bonsai 6 years 8 months ago #35152

• Claudiu
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 25
Istanbul ok. It,s hot and very hot. The thing is that that tree starts to be pretty unconfortable above above 30 C. Get rid of the dry out parts and pay attention to the watering ... less foliage - less watering. Try to protect it from direct sunlight a little. And in the end don't worry if the tree dies on you, it will not be the first or the last, but that's how you learn. The safest way is to try to use trees from your zone and always pot or repot into fast draining soil and do that only in spring.
When I started out, I did this mistake and not once I've killed a lot of trees. As I said, most of my trees are on a balcony. It's very good to learn from the web or books, but it's even more important to learn from real life experiments - like enything - practice, practice.
I would try to get some olive trees . They thrive in your area.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ozbek

• Page: