Juniper - Nº 1 Shimpaku

Rendering Error in layout User/Profile: Class "KunenaFactory" not found. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Juniper - Nº 1 Shimpaku was created by Camaro

Posted 5 years 6 months ago #45125
Hi all,

this is my first post from my first tree on Bonsai Art, in my case I don't think so that I could say "art" but lets going on to learn and development my skills... :lol:

sorry for the poor English... still studying the language...

Comments and feedbacks are welcome!!!
This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
by Camaro

This message has attachments images.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Orlando

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rendering Error in layout User/Profile: Class "KunenaFactory" not found. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Replied by leatherback on topic Juniper - Nº 1 Shimpaku

Posted 5 years 6 months ago #45126
Nice work!

am looking at your tree, and wonder whether you have not left too much foliage on top. If you thin out the top a bit more, the lower branches get -relatively speaking- stronger.

The top of the tree is not a little too mmuch to the left for my liking. Any way to reduce that side ot the top?

For your next styling: The branches on the left come up from the trunk, and then bend down. Typically, you would try to make the bend at the connection with the trunk. (This is risky, because with the size of the branches you have, you can easily break them off; So I would leave them for now)

Good first styling!
by leatherback

Replied by Camaro on topic Juniper - Nº 1 Shimpaku

Posted 5 years 6 months ago #45168
Hi,

thanks for the feedback!!! to be honest I am a little excited with this Juniper. I have paid a small price for this because according the old owner "this plant has not potential"...

I understand and agree with your comments, will try improve the shape based on it!

The position of the branches related with the trunk is definetly a problem... the first one on the left is to long to be better posicioned and maybe the soluciton fro this one should be a jin,as I made with the ones on the right... if the first on the left be a jin I think so that I will have a "better area" to correct the postion of the second one, make this second one going down... what do you think?

about the top it is really with too much foliage and too posicioned to the left side... it happened because I tried reduce the size of the plant... I made a stronge curve on the main trunk to the left side... this create this aspect that I agree is not nice... one alternativo for this could be move the center of the plant to the right with a inclination of the structure and reduce the foliage...

another alternative could be creat a jin on the the top of the trunk and use the small radious branchs to make the top of the plant... which one do you think that could work better thinking about the structure of the plant?

Thanks in advance!!
by Camaro

Posted 5 years 1 month ago #47273
Hello,

here I am uploading some pictures from my second intervetion on this Juniper that was made yesterday. The main focus of this intervetion was:

- improve the bend conection of the branches, mainly on that one on the left side of the plant... as recommended by the friend leatherback;
- reduce the "size of the plant", moving the trunk curves on the top part of the plant was possible reduce in 4 cm the total size of the plant;
- provide a better centralization and balance of the top against the base... as was also recommended by the friend leatherback.

Of course this plant still have a quite long way to be closer of the final result.. the next steps will be improve the shari on the winter (he is now summer time) and styling better the top when new green foliage grow.

Comments are welcome!!!

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

by Camaro

Replied by Clicio on topic Juniper - Nº 1 Shimpaku

Posted 5 years 1 month ago #47275
No pictures attached, check the size of them all please.
by Clicio

Posted 5 years 1 month ago #47276
the photos...
Last Edit:5 years 1 month ago by Camaro

This message has attachments images.

Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Camaro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ricky73, Clicio

Juniper - Nº 1 Shimpaku - Bonsai forum

Bonsai forum

Replied by Auk on topic Juniper - Nº 1 Shimpaku

Posted 5 years 1 month ago #47281
A first tree by a beginner with a tree that is said to not have potential...

I'm very impressed.
by Auk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Camaro

Replied by tubaboy on topic Juniper - Nº 1 Shimpaku

Posted 5 years 1 month ago #47282
Nice work! please post Updates, when you have them!
by tubaboy

Replied by leatherback on topic Juniper - Nº 1 Shimpaku

Posted 5 years 1 month ago #47383
This will over time become a good tree, it looks like.

Just a tiny warning.. stop bending the branches now and allow the tree to recover. Every time you bend, you damage part of the sapwood. Do this to often in succession and the branch can die. General rule.. bend once and leave it alone.

:)
by leatherback