• Page:

TOPIC:

Good Tool Set 11 years 6 months ago #7213

• Gnarlwood
  • Gnarlwood's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 21
Although a complete bonsai toolset is not essential when one begins the great journey into this fathomless artform, having a good tool kit can make the process much easier.

For anyone who wants a good tool kit that holds up well and gets the job done I would reccomend going to this link and checking the listed tool set out:http://www.amazon.com/Oriental-Touch-OT-0607A-Bonsai-10-piece/dp/B000IEJ4A0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I personally reviewed and purchased this set and can vouch for the quality. If you want a detailed review, please check mine under the title:
"These Tools Were Meant for Chomping" on the following link:http://www.amazon.com/Oriental-Touch-OT-0607A-Bonsai-10-piece/product-reviews/B000IEJ4A0/ref=cm_cr_pr_top_recent?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

I was very carefull to test all 10 tools before grading them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: abetterme

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Good Tool Set 11 years 6 months ago #7215

• kittyvlekkie
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 5

Although a complete bonsai toolset is not essential when one begins the great journey into this fathomless artform, having a good tool kit can make the process much easier.

For anyone who wants a good tool kit that holds up well and gets the job done I would reccomend going to this link and checking the listed tool set out:http://www.amazon.com/Oriental-Touch-OT-0607A-Bonsai-10-piece/dp/B000IEJ4A0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I personally reviewed and purchased this set and can vouch for the quality. If you want a detailed review, please check mine under the title:
"These Tools Were Meant for Chomping" on the following link:http://www.amazon.com/Oriental-Touch-OT-0607A-Bonsai-10-piece/product-reviews/B000IEJ4A0/ref=cm_cr_pr_top_recent?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

I was very carefull to test all 10 tools before grading them.

here in holland(the netherlands) were bonsaiempire originates from, we have a shop with these items, i wanna get em!

BUT this is less than half the price!
i think i want to try to buy something from amazon for the first time!

Last edit: Post by kittyvlekkie. Reason: i had to add something.

Good Tool Set 11 years 6 months ago #7228

• Gnarlwood
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I'm glad I could be of assistance. I shopped and reviewed for weeks before making the final purchase. Believe me, the amount of junky bonsai tool kits out there is huge!

If you have any problems with the kit be sure to make a review and list them.

Good Tool Set 11 years 6 months ago #7269

• Gnarlwood
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I just used my tools again for trimming my thyme bonsai. They worked geat! I examined the cuts and they were clean.

If you want good tools and you aren't rich, these tools are meant for you.

Good Tool Set 11 years 6 months ago #7274

• MWid
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 45
Hey man, you have just brought the tools, don't recommend them to people before you know if their good quality and going to last.. Just how I see it, you've only used them a bit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leatherback

Good Tool Set 11 years 6 months ago #7277

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653

Hey man, you have just brought the tools, don't recommend them to people before you know if their good quality and going to last.. Just how I see it, you've only used them a bit.

Completely agreed. Good quality is shown after years, not weeks, of usage. Good Japanese steel tools will outlast the user when proper care is given. I also wonder: HOW did you compare all the tools you say you compared? By the picture and pricetag? Or did you manage to get testers of all sets?

Good Tool Set 11 years 6 months ago #7282

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193
yes i also agree, but on your behaf you are also stating what you are using your "good" tools on.
i have also purchased a "good" set of tools when i started.after a few years i realized they are too big for my shohin trees and not strong enough (i bent the handle of my branch trimmer)for the big stuff.

yes without a large variety of tools to test your set may not be anything special ,but from what you say they arrived sharp and in working order so thankyou.

i have actually seen tools that are very cheaply made and are not even functional. just like mallsia there are tools that are made for the inexpieriance bonsai newbie to spend their money on and be as cheaply made as possible

Good Tool Set 11 years 6 months ago #7283

• Gnarlwood
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Look at the other reviews :S . I'm not the only person who bought them. I really dont see anything that can go wrong either. They're nicely made and they came sharp and clean. Furthermore, these aren't essential for taking care of bonsai. Some people piece meal hardware store tools into an "okay" set.

Believe me, I searched for the best and these are the best "for the price".

If they fall apart and turn to crap then you can lecture me.

I assure you if anything bad happens I will udate my reveiw.

If you think you can do better by all means do. These tools will suffice for a beginner.

I also tested them myself on three bonsai and was pleased with them thus far. Even if they only make 6yrs of service it's only $50
The following user(s) said Thank You: manofthetrees

Last edit: Post by Gnarlwood.

Good Tool Set 11 years 6 months ago #7290

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193
those are less$ than my first set ...thanks again, my last post may have been taken the wrong way,but you never stated that these were outstanding and everybody should get a set type quality...
good beginer set is what i got out of it so whats the big deal

Good Tool Set 11 years 6 months ago #7294

• Gnarlwood
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
You're post was fine I was just defending my method of reviewing the tools. Some people assume that you need to have a 5yr trial period to test something. That's only partially true. Consumer Reports reviews a car even when it's new. However, the same car gets reviewed every year. Therefore, it may lose points as time goes on.

If the tools degrade next year, the review will be updated and it will relfect its quality.

Either way, it's only $54 and if they make it about 5 yrs then you only pay $10 a year. It is possible I got a better set of tools than other people who purchased the same set. However, I see very little that can go wrong with this set.

• Page: