• Page:

TOPIC:

sharimiki 9 years 9 months ago #11491

• bob
  • bob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 175
hi there all! i have recently created sharimiki, but this was my first time doing it and just wanted to configure something: what shall i do with the wound, in the photo it shows the wound unprotected, but the sharimiki is small to my eyes, but i have put some cling film over it as to prevent disease.

any comments are welcome (including "your work is rubbish" as i have some doubts).

thank you

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

sharimiki 9 years 9 months ago #11493

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
no need for plastic. It will hurt more than help; It will keep moisture traped, which stimulates fungus. Just leave it to open aior. Nature can cope.

Good thing: You started the shari from a removed branch, down. HOwever, traiditionally speaking, you would not have deadwood features on deciduous species.

sharimiki 9 years 9 months ago #11495

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

i have recently created sharimiki, but this was my first time doing it and just wanted to configure something: what shall i do with the wound, in the photo it shows the wound unprotected, but the sharimiki is small to my eyes, but i have put some cling film over it as to prevent disease.

You don't create Shari on deciduous trees (am I repeating Leatherback again ? :) ), unless when you have to.
But it's done... If it was my tree I would not make it bigger, but turn it into an Uro.

(first page I found on this subject, you may want to Google a bit more for better instructions - I'm not sure if you need lime sulphur, as they write).

Don't cover the wound, leave it open or it will rot (yep... repeating LB again).

Last edit: Post by Auk.

sharimiki 9 years 9 months ago #11518

• bob
  • bob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 175
aye aye cap'n, i have taken away the plastic and as i learnt of 2 good friends (google and the great wood) you can find stripped bark on old oak trees and the aim for sharimiki is to aid the image of an old tree. and an uro is a good idea, but my trunk is way to thin, and i do not have the special equipment and i do not want to risk the health of my tree even more.

i thank ye for the comments you have kindly posted ;) .

sharimiki 9 years 9 months ago #11519

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

the aim for sharimiki is to aid the image of an old tree

Which this doesn't. It creates the image of a damaged, young tree.

• Page: