Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Yamadori 9 years 1 month ago #14748

• grannyliz
  • grannyliz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Attached are two yamadori and my question is should I apply cut past on the cuts or leave it alone. Would appreciate some help.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yamadori 9 years 1 month ago #14750

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
Those are not yamadori. Those are plants you dug up somewhere. I cannot tell which species.

If you collect trees, cut back to clearly visible buds. In your picture it is not possible to tell whether there are buds.But I cannot imagine why you cut it back this hard. You will have to restart the whole plant, not to mention heal some enourmous wounds, compared to the size of the plant.

I do not use cut paste normally

Yamadori 9 years 1 month ago #14755

• alainleon1983
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 185

Attached are two yamadori and my question is should I apply cut past on the cuts or leave it alone. Would appreciate some help.]

Uhmmm... Sorry to say it, but I really don't think those "trees" can be called Yamadoris. Also, I think you highly overcut those trees. Sure, perhaps you can apply some cut paste, but right now keeping those ¿trunks? alive till next year would be of paramount interest. And yes...leave it be, until it might hopefully recover by itself. Wish you luck and keep your fingers crossed :unsure:

Alain

Yamadori 9 years 1 month ago #14756

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Attached are two yamadori and my question is should I apply cut past on the cuts or leave it alone. Would appreciate some help.

What kind of trees are/were they ?

• Page: