Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Professional advice on how to prune and wire 8 years 7 months ago #17008

• taboeric
  • taboeric's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 1
Hi, I have been planting a Chinese pine tree called 金鑽羅漢松 for 2 years and considering how to prune. I used to wire it and de-wired after the branches changed to wood texture. I would like your professional advice on how to prune it. I attached a photo on it and please let me know if you need more information.
Thanks

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Professional advice on how to prune and wire 8 years 7 months ago #17010

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Hi, I have been planting a Chinese pine tree called 金鑽羅漢松 for 2 years and considering how to prune. I used to wire it and de-wired after the branches changed to wood texture. I would like your professional advice on how to prune it. I attached a photo on it and please let me know if you need more information.
Thanks

My first advise would be to learn what species you are dealing with. This is not a pine.

Professional advice on how to prune and wire 8 years 7 months ago #17011

• taboeric
  • taboeric's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 1
The official name is Podocarpus macrophyllus (Kusamaki or Inumaki) is a conifer in the genus Podocarpus, family Podocarpaceae. It is the northernmost species of the genus, native to southern Japan and southern and eastern China. Kusamaki (クサマキ) and Inumaki (犬槇) are Japanese names for this tree, and Kusamaki is increasingly being used as the English name as well, replacing the old, botanically inaccurate names Buddhist Pine and Fern Pine (it is not a pine). In China, it is known as 羅漢松 or luóhàn sōng, which literally means "arhat pine".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podocarpus_macrophyllus

• Page: