TOPIC:

Poet Jasmine (or common Jasmine) 12 years 3 months ago #3120

• Leslie
  • Leslie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 7
Hi Everybody,

I bought a Jasmine plant around the first week of November of this year during my very first visit to a Bonsai Shop. I paid only $5.00 Cdn. for it because it was a bit sickly looking. I quickly checked the leaves, etc. at the check-out counter and I couldn't see any bugs. It must have been the type of lighting in the store because when I got my Jasmine home I soon discovered it was full of scale! :ohmy: I hadn't posted this plant previously because it was so shabby looking. :blush: I treated it three times very thoroughly which seemed to kill off the scale however, most of the few existing leaves have curled and dried up. I trimmed off a couple of the branch tips that looked dead and, as a result it stimulated the growth of some new leaves. I was very surprised and quite thrilled to discover two flower buds had formed about a week ago and one of the buds have opened. The perfume is heavenly!

Has anyone here tried or had any success in training the Jasmine as a Bonsai?Here is a photo of the one bloom (which is a little past it's prime) and the second bud which should be opening any day now. Any thoughts or suggestions?

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: