TOPIC:

For Beginners Thicken Trunk 6 years 11 months ago #31198

• ykbonsai
  • ykbonsai's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 12
Hello
In this topic i just want to share a video that i found from the bonsai empire youtube channel that i think can be very informative and useful to bonsai beginners like me.
I am always trying to learn a little more every day and although internet can be a good source of information sometimes can be very confusing for that reason i share this nice video about "techniques to thicken a bonsai trunk" from Teutis Jan Klein. Very good
The following user(s) said Thank You: BonsaiMackem, spacewood, Clicio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

For Beginners Thicken Trunk 6 years 11 months ago #31339

• BonsaiMackem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 1
That's a video for BEGINNERS? As one myself the main issue newbies have is conceptualization. Imagining all the jargon in practice. This is not done well IMHO. It has not been explained in layman's terms. It has been explained as if you already have some foundation knowledge.

Still...it keeps you wanting to watch it over and over again. You have to to visualize it all and to understand it all. That is the whole point of a YouTube clip. Atteacting views.

Still a good video.

For Beginners Thicken Trunk 6 years 11 months ago #31349

• Oscar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thanks received: 289
Definitely not a beginner movies :-)
But for those familiar with bonsai basics, it's a pretty good video as lots of people have no clue about growing a proper trunk. Leatherback wrote about it as well on our blog btw.

For Beginners Thicken Trunk 6 years 11 months ago #31354

• Madartej21
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 102
Yes he has his own website as well with lots of good infos there: www.growingbonsai.net/

There are other good websites as well with nice articles sometimes with pics and videos

• Page: