Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

Re: Introduce yourself! 12 years 2 days ago #4457

• MWid
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 45
Hi there snuffy and welcome to the forum :P. You have a nice collection of trees from the sounds of things. Im really interested in your brazilian rain tree, perhaps you could post a picture of it sometime. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Introduce yourself! 12 years 2 days ago #4464

• tsimbis
  • Thanks received: 1
Hi all, my name is Greg and i live in Queens NY.Last fall i bought and read my first Bonsai book witch kept my up all night!!After that i bought a few trees(Satsuki Azalea,Green Mount Juniper, Mount Fuji Serissa,Chinese Elm,North Folk Island Pine,Ligustrum ) from online Bonsai stores, and i have read 3 other books.As you can see i am really getting in to this AMAZING hobby...
Last night i just styled my first Bonsai (Japgarden Juniper)witch i bought from a local nursery and will pot it today, or tomorrow.-see pictures attached-
And i have about 10 other different shrubs and plants waiting to be trained and potted outside.
I also sowed about 200 seeds in total last week ( Japanese, Red, and Trident Maples, Jap. Black and Umbrella Pines, Jap. Heavenly Bamboo, and Jap. White Birch) and have another 100 seeds on the way...
I found this Forum searching online, and seemed pretty sincere so i decided to join. Looking forward to be part of this and learn more.

Best,
Greg

Re: Introduce yourself! 12 years 2 days ago #4465

• tsimbis

Hi all, my name is Greg and i live in Queens NY.Last fall i bought and read my first Bonsai book witch kept my up all night!!After that i bought a few trees(Satsuki Azalea,Green Mount Juniper, Mount Fuji Serissa,Chinese Elm,North Folk Island Pine,Ligustrum ) from online Bonsai stores, and i have read 3 other books.As you can see i am really getting in to this AMAZING hobby...
Last night i just styled my first Bonsai (Japgarden Juniper)witch i bought from a local nursery and will pot it today, or tomorrow.-see pictures attached-
And i have about 10 other different shrubs and plants waiting to be trained and potted outside.
I also sowed about 200 seeds in total last week ( Japanese, Red, and Trident Maples, Jap. Black and Umbrella Pines, Jap. Heavenly Bamboo, and Jap. White Birch) and have another 100 seeds on the way...
I found this Forum searching online, and seemed pretty sincere so i decided to join. Looking forward to be part of this and learn more.

Best,
Greg

sorry the attachments did not go through...

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Introduce yourself! 12 years 2 days ago #4472

• MWid
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Welcome greg!
its great to hear you jumping right into the hobby, the more trees you have to work with the quicker you learn :). I really like the 3rd picture of the juniper, your local nursery has great stock :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: tsimbis

Last edit: Post by MWid.

Re: Introduce yourself! 12 years 2 days ago #4473

• tsimbis
Thank you! I know that to the trained eye there is a lot to be accomplished, but i hope i will improve with everyone's help.

Re: Introduce yourself! 12 years 2 days ago #4480

• Youri1995
  • Youri1995's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi Greg, welcome!

That's some nice material you got there, very good for training with wiring and styling! It has an interesting movement, and it has some potential to become a bonsai!

See you around on the forum! :)

Re: Introduce yourself! 12 years 1 day ago #4486

• tsimbis
Thanks Youri!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Youri1995

Re: Introduce yourself! 11 years 11 months ago #4956

• Otaku
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi All! I might have accidentally done some of this on my first (help me!) post, but here it goes anyway! Im Cory, 23 years old, from the states: Minnesota to be more exact. Ive liked bonsai for as long as I can think of, but have never truly given it the attention/dedication it needs and deserves, but am trying to now! Needless to say, without the knowledge or practical experience, I havent done super well as of yet. The new trees Ill be working with are all ones Ive found in my yard (wish me luck!): one unknown conifer, one birch (?), and at least one each of Maple (trident im told) and unknown...but guessing some kind of elm. Thanks for all the help and support already given! looking forward to talking with you all, and learning as much as I can!

Re: Introduce yourself! 11 years 11 months ago #4957

• Otaku
  • Thanks received: 0
ps: expecting our son ( our first kid) any day, so if i disappear for a week or two, dont delete my account! thanks!

Re: Introduce yourself! 11 years 11 months ago #4966

• snuffy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 15
Cory,
Welcome and congrats on the baby. Bonsai is like child rearing, must have patients. One tip, if you change poopy diapers your wife will love you forever. :lol: