Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

Introduce yourself! 4 months 6 days ago #75123

• TrentM
  • Thanks received: 0
Yes, certainly. Will do that now. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Introduce yourself! 4 months 6 days ago #75129

• jojo22
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 40
welcome here Trent, you don't have a place outside because the, know death assured, as long as I don't put a trash can now, it will save you from wasting time and tell yourself that a tree of interior, it does not exist

Introduce yourself! 1 month 3 weeks ago #76135

• JPH
  • Thanks received: 18
I've made a few posts already but haven't actually introduced myself.

My name is Jonathan. I live in the subarctic, near the James Bay in Northern Quebec. I moved here in 2018 with my wife and son to be closer to their culture. I've been obsessed with trees and nature since I was a child, so a remote place like this suits me just fine. I wouldn't consider myself an extreme outdoorsman, but I've always felt calm and at home in the bush, and a place like this has presented me with an opportunity to finally pursue bonsai. The wilderness is vast, and the amount of potential material is virtually limitless...

Drawing is how I express myself for the most part. For a time I thought I wanted to be an animator... until it nearly ruined drawing for me. As for bonsai, I've been more or less obsessed with it since the age of 15. But I lived in a bubble where the art didn't really exist outside of "Karate Kid"... Perhaps you know the feeling? I did my best with books and the internet, but the information was sort of vague and mysterious. Most of all it didn't really apply to the northern Canadian climate I lived in (even before I moved farther north). I didn't have access to clubs or anyone else who practiced it. I had a few trees I bought from a garden center, and I did a few experiments with overwintering local trees, but ultimately that's as far as it went for a long time.

Now that life has presented me with a real opportunity, I fully intend to take advantage of it!

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Introduce yourself! 1 month 3 weeks ago #76175

• Newt Noobington
  • Thanks received: 0
I am thirteen, and I have not cultivated any specimens yet. I live in the Houston area with summers of 110 degrees Fahrenheit and 99% humidity. The winters are nice of only 40 degrees Fahrenheit. ;-;