Bonsai forum

A Gnarled Thought

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193

Replied by manofthetrees on topic A Gnarled Thought

Posted 11 years 6 months ago #7557
sorry if you took that too sharply jelle but most people do not consider (even tho it is) our sun a star because its refered to as the sun. your imput is greatly appriciated and yes black holes are devoid of light at there centers

quazars are galaxy sized "objects" if you can call them that that are created by the material pulled into super giant black holes which are at the center of a quazar the friction of the material being drawn in creates the light which runs the spectrum from ultraviolet through to exray emissions the energy output is the greatest of anything in the universe ...very unusual

my big guestion is seeing the big bang theory in general says everything expanded from one infentecimal point and black holes crush everything even the photons of light. is it then feasable that another universe eventually was swallowed up (theorist say this will happen to ours eventually) by a black hole that coelest from a universe full of them into one giant ,and with no "space" left inverted itself thus creating the big bangs infentecimal point of matter?

if string theorist are correct with the ussumption of a multiverse could this just be a grand creation/destruction cycle that has gone on for trillions of years if not more, passing matter from brane to brane like high and low presser systems move air?
by manofthetrees
The following user(s) said Thank You: kittyvlekkie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Replied by leatherback on topic A Gnarled Thought

Posted 11 years 6 months ago #7559

manofthetrees wrote: quazars are galaxy sized "objects" if you can call them that that are created by the material pulled into super giant black holes which are at the center of a quazar the friction of the material being drawn in creates the light which runs the spectrum from ultraviolet through to exray emissions the energy output is the greatest of anything in the universe ...very unusual

my big guestion is seeing the big bang theory in general says everything expanded from one infentecimal point and black holes crush everything even the photons of light. is it then feasable that another universe eventually was swallowed up (theorist say this will happen to ours eventually) by a black hole that coelest from a universe full of them into one giant ,and with no "space" left inverted itself thus creating the big bangs infentecimal point of matter?

That would fit more into the way I see black holes; I consider them to be the big vacuum cleaners of the universe. Growing in power with each bit of matter absorbed. Increasing their reach untill at some point they get so large they themselve can start absorbing other black holes and even complete galaxies. It sounds like these quazars are just overinflated black holes with some special characteristic. Namely, when matter reaches the sphere of influence it is compressed with such force that matter is partially converted into energy. Maybe like compressing a grape, and having a squirt of juice comming out? Fortunately I am not a physicist; These things are too large for me to grasp. Even the idea of things compressing to nothing and then expanding again.. pfew.. Although I know that something along those lines must be happening, I cannot grasp the concept as an actual process.
by leatherback
The following user(s) said Thank You: Youri1995, kittyvlekkie

• Gnarlwood
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 21

Replied by Gnarlwood on topic A Gnarled Thought

Posted 11 years 6 months ago #7581
Black Holes are interesting but even they are mortal. Eventually, they'll evaporate like a droplet of water.

It's believed that the black hole literally breaks down all the matter it consumes into information. It's almost like the black hole records everything that has entered into its massive inventory.

This link should clear up most questions-http://www.hawking.org.uk/into-a-black-hole.html
by Gnarlwood

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193

Replied by manofthetrees on topic A Gnarled Thought

Posted 11 years 6 months ago #7584
yes new theories assume that our universe is basically a quantum computer,and has been desroyed and remade while retaining information therfore improving on itself. theorists beleive this is how complex molecules and eventually life has arose from the basics. weird and hard to believe ,but so was gravity in the past
by manofthetrees

• Gnarlwood
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #7809
A bonsai is a loyal friend who's always happy to be with you. Whether you had a good day or bad day all it wants is your care and company. "Let's try something different and exciting" it may suggest or, "Fix me up and put me on exhibit". Loyal to the end; yet, dependent upon you.

How do you see yourself in relationship to your bonsai?

Do you see yourself as a:
Caretaker?
Artist?
Plant Enthusiast?
Friend of Nature?

What do you believe you get from bonsai that gives it meaning?
by Gnarlwood

• Youri1995
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 45

Replied by Youri1995 on topic A Gnarled Thought

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #7810
Bonsai is a special artform, a way to express yourself. It's not just a sculpture or painting, it is a living thing. It keeps growing, it is a never ending piece of art. I think my relation to the tree is that I'm the artist of the tree, and that it is my responsibility to give it good care.
I think nobody would have Bonsai as a hobby, if you don't enjoy nature so everyone here has something positive with nature itself.

We need to care for our 'art' so we can pass it on to our next generations, because we will die, but they'll live on.
Last Edit:11 years 4 months ago by Youri1995
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Youri1995.

• Gnarlwood
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #7827
Indeed! Couldn't have said it better myself. Therefore, in a way we will continue to live on through our bonsai.
by Gnarlwood
The following user(s) said Thank You: Youri1995

• Gnarlwood
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Posted 9 years 7 months ago #12635
Bonsai is a challenging art form. It takes patience, perseverance, and acceptance. Personally, I find each of these requirements difficult. I want to have an instant-bonsai and enjoy instant gratification. Likewise, when the project gets tough or my plant(s)/tree(s) are looking shabby I want to pitch them and give up. Also, I find it hard to accept failure.

So far, I have attempted seven separate bonsai ventures and each one has failed. This has been a major disappointment to me personally. I have killed pine, spruce, burning bush, oak, thyme, and even blueberry! Truthfully, I have considered giving up this hobby and forgetting I even started it. Yet, just nine months ago my thyme bonsai (which I killed) re-sprouted in the garden. Over the next year it came back stronger than ever as if to tell me not to give up.

Now, I feel renewed in my enthusiasm for bonsai; however, I also understand that it is an art paved in dead plantsand trial and error. Therefore, whenever we reach a tough point in our bonsai quest we should try to remember several points: To create a bonsai you must be patient and methodical. You must persevere through adversity within the project and strive for a solution. Finally, you must accept the outcomes positive or negative as a learning experience and move forward.

It’s amazing what plants can teach us! All we have to do is follow their example.
by Gnarlwood

• bob
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 175

Replied by bob on topic A Gnarled Thought

Posted 9 years 7 months ago #12636
Definetely, i see my bonsai and plants as gratious teachers.

Epic response to your question ;)
by bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: LuLu