• Page:

TOPIC:

my collection 11 years 7 months ago #7158

• manofthetrees
  • manofthetrees's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193
ive tried to set up a gallery but i can seem to get it to work so...
here are my trees

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

this is the new moring and evening sun position theie old home was frying them :evil:

the ficus and rose garden...with the "unkown srub" :P

the old m/e sun area these guys like the sun tho ;)

the hydrangea :dry:

the back 40 :blink:

and the grow garden B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

my collection 11 years 7 months ago #7159

• kittyvlekkie
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 5
wow, nice collection!
i hope to reach a level such as yours some day.
i only have 1 bonsai right know and it's going pretty well ^^

Last edit: Post by kittyvlekkie. Reason: i had to add something.

my collection 11 years 7 months ago #7160

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
ha ha i started with 1 tree 6 years ago now its 42...i think i have a problem cuz its not enough.thanks by the way

my collection 11 years 7 months ago #7161

• kittyvlekkie
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

ha ha i started with 1 tree 6 years ago now its 42...i think i have a problem cuz its not enough.thanks by the way

not enough?!
i have 1 tree going and it's enough for me, i think the way you do it will let you gain experience fast!
i think i will continue this hobby for a long time and not get too many trees just yet.

not enough?!

this was not ment offending
(things online are easily to be taken insulting compared to real life because there is no body language involved.)

but i'm of to bed now, (im dutch and i needed more views on topics when i needed to, so i registred on the english forum)
(it's 0:24 AM here XD)
and before i go to bed i'm going to meditate a bit ^^

Last edit: Post by kittyvlekkie. Reason: i had to add something.

my collection 11 years 7 months ago #7163

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
no offence taken...my problem is i aquire a new tree, work on it, and then it has to sit and grow for a year.i get bored easy so another then another :blink:
its going to be a busy spring though having to repot 20+ trees . i tell people i do this instead of taking pills ...it stops me from choking idiots ;)

Last edit: Post by manofthetrees.

my collection 11 years 7 months ago #7170

• kittyvlekkie
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

...it stops me from choking idiots ;)

just like when i just said i do bonsai(literally translated) and someone says OOOOH that must be expensive *facepalm*

my collection 11 years 7 months ago #7173

• snuffy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 15
Yep, my trees keep me in a happy place as well. I,ve got 60ish trees that keep me busy. My zelkovas always seem to need a trim. LOL Repotting 20+ trees can be mind numbing if you think of it as work. But, when I am working on my trees I think of nothing else.

my collection 11 years 7 months ago #7178

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
Sigh.. Guess I will not get into my collection then.. I have made the deal that I am getting rid of some of my material here, before I add anything new. Which is kind of a good thing too; I have too many trees here. Will be getting rid of some wild plum stock (I found 6 in my yard; Not sure whether they will ever flower, but who knows) some of my linden trees (I am currently growin some 25 of them) and probably some japanese maple (Currently 7, with one getting ready to be split into 4 separate trees by 2014, and one with 6 branches being ground-layered right now). And I promised my dad a couply of the Larix Kaemferi, of which I think I have some 10. So.. that is just the tinning. Not even talking about the plants I am keeping!

Unfortunately I have nothing that I really consider a Bonsai. It is -except for 3 plants- quite young material, that is all in the process of trunk styling & nebari development. Next year I can hopefully start wiring a nice hedgerow hawthorn, which threw out 15cm long branches this year. Trunk base of 12cm. Total height 40cm. No scars, except for one 1cm cut on top...

my collection 11 years 7 months ago #7180

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
Oh, by the wa: Kitty vlekkie, if I remember correctly: You are fairly close to where I live. You are in Apeldoorn right? I work in Enschede. If you would like to get more plants, I can give you some of my thinnings in winter. Nothing spectacular, but the linden trees have been handgrown from 1year old seedlings, and should by now have a decent rootsystem, and the start of a trunk (Most are between 1 and 2 cm thick). And if I think I really should throw out some more of them, you could have a Larix, and I might have a taxus cutting or two too. Friends of mine used to live in Apeldoorn, and I think they go there quite often (Or you could drop in in Ahaus, but that may proove slightly dificult for you). This will be happening late winter, say March. So remind me then.

my collection 11 years 7 months ago #7183

• kittyvlekkie
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Oh, by the wa: Kitty vlekkie, if I remember correctly: You are fairly close to where I live. You are in Apeldoorn right? I work in Enschede. If you would like to get more plants, I can give you some of my thinnings in winter. Nothing spectacular, but the linden trees have been handgrown from 1year old seedlings, and should by now have a decent rootsystem, and the start of a trunk (Most are between 1 and 2 cm thick). And if I think I really should throw out some more of them, you could have a Larix, and I might have a taxus cutting or two too. Friends of mine used to live in Apeldoorn, and I think they go there quite often (Or you could drop in in Ahaus, but that may proove slightly dificult for you). This will be happening late winter, say March. So remind me then.

great!
btw i JUST took 2 taxussen from the garden and put them in nice pots, i would LOVE a good healthy larix, will you be at the 40 year celebration at 22nd and 23rd of september?

• Page: