Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Bonsai & Patience 9 years 7 months ago #12205

• penz
  • penz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi.

I've seen people on this forum asking: Which is the tree that would grow faster as a bonsai and the one true answer is: Bonsai is an art of patience so you shouln't look for the one that grows faster but for the tree specie you feel must passionate about.

A few months ago I wrotte an article on the subject which you can read on the link below. Please let me know what do you think.

Bonsai & Patience

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bonsai & Patience 9 years 7 months ago #12207

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

A few months ago I wrotte an article on the subject which you can read on the link below. Please let me know what do you think.

I like it. I like this too:
"there are some as old as a five hundred years, meaning that they have been cared [for] by many generations"
There are trees that are much older, some even over a 1000 years old , but they 've not been bonsai for all of their lives, so the statement is correct.

Last edit: Post by Auk.

Bonsai & Patience 9 years 7 months ago #12209

• alainleon1983
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 185
I liked your article too. Specially the part you said: "Results take time, and the more time they take the more rewarding they’ll be. Enjoy the process as a whole. Try to realize that there’s a therapeutic value in growing, training and caring for your bonsai."

Unfortunately that is a lesson learnt only with time. And precisely efforts, care, mistakes will come along the way much earlier than patience ;) I still can´t help myself wanting faster results even when I know that the prize will come, once again, with time and patience.

Bonsai & Patience 9 years 7 months ago #12219

• bob
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 175
Yes, I agree with all the previous posts, I mean, one of the main lessons in being with. Bonsai is to create better patience in yourself this lesson might as well be a law in bonsai.

• Page: