• Page:

TOPIC:

TO ALL 7 years 11 months ago #21054

• Indo Andreas
  • Indo Andreas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 92
Hello, I am a new comer, first I posted and then I took my time seeing what has been posted. Impressive and inspiring. But, why there are no updates?? I left some comments on topics, wishful I hope there will be replies. One reason I think in any forum is that the topics being viewed but when there are no replies than people lose interest or think it is not worse while. It is important to reply the efforts no matter how good or bad a tree is, the forum should be inspiring and that is when you show interest and share your opinion. BTW opinion, leave the beginners alone with down turning comments, they are beginners and need your help.
Hope I dint say to much, just a thought!
The following user(s) said Thank You: el_cheezer, [Kane]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TO ALL 7 years 11 months ago #21055

• simplysaid
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 54
Indo: people work and live in different time zones. For someone with as much experience as yourself, I would think you'd have more patience :)
I'm a believer that in our age of technology, people have grown to want immediate answers, rather than search for them.
I understand this forum is for people who are want to discuss the details of the hobby and share experience's. If beginners come hear for immediate answers without doing research, then they should expect the same impatience. I don't think anyone on this forum is here to teach a beginners class in Bonsai.
I truly enjoy your pictures and all you've seem to have done with your trees. I aspire to enjoy the same progressions that you've posted on here. I look forward to hearing more of your opinions and techniques.
Thank you

TO ALL 7 years 11 months ago #21056

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Hello, I am a new comer, first I posted and then I took my time seeing what has been posted. Impressive and inspiring. But, why there are no updates??

That too is a matter of patience. I do post updates - when it is interesting. Developing a tree takes long, and I don't really see a point in posting an update if there's hardly a visible change.

I have a juniper that wasn't doing well. It seems to be recovering - if it does, I may post an update. That's not next week, but rather in a month or two. Things don't grow so fast here :)

when there are no replies than people lose interest

I think there's no lack of replies on this forum.

BTW opinion, leave the beginners alone with down turning comments, they are beginners and need your help.

Every real beginner gets replies and support here. Meaning every beginner in bonsai, not beginners with common house plants.

Last edit: Post by Auk.

TO ALL 7 years 11 months ago #21061

• Indo Andreas
  • Indo Andreas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 92
Thank you for your reply, you are to the point!
However, I believe that anybody that is looking for answers should get one. The beginning of any hobbyists is getting his subjects (tree's) and start posting to see a respond. Truly it is not on our side (that who has knowledge) to dismiss his questions, rather giving him a hint how to obtain the way of looking for it, like I do, in believing to givie, some good Visio of masters like Ryan Neil or Kaizen Bonsai, so they know where to go. Some people just don't know what to do or how to approach to gain knowledge. I think that is why they come in the first place. I value your opinion, very much and hope that we have a lot of positive discussion in the future.

TO ALL 7 years 11 months ago #21063

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

However, I believe that anybody that is looking for answers should get one

They do. Honest answers.

The beginning of any hobbyists

That's where you go wrong. A huge amount of posts comes NOT from people starting with a hobby, but people that received a plant as a gift or bought it on impulse. They are not really interested in really growing bonsai. These people typicaly post a topic once, and never come back. Serious advise is wasted on them.

There are only a few that really want to learn the art. They stick around. They do get proper answers, no matter what their level is, as that's unimportant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [Kane]

• Page: