• Page:

TOPIC:

Thank you 7 years 9 months ago #22892

• eangola
  • eangola's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 82
This post is just to thank everyone who makes this forum stay alive. I wouldn't have learned what I have, and probably would have given up already if it wasn't for the people on this forum. This is a great opportunity for which I am very grateful for.

As some of you may or may not know, I started Bonsai this year by the end of winter. My final goal is to be able to ethically collect Yamadori, and create beautiful Bonsai. To get there I must learn the basics, and get close to trees as much as possible, as killing a wild tree, or collecting the wrong one would be quite wrong. I decided to work with Nursery stock, as it doesn't disturb nature. I didn't buy anything expensive, as it wouldn't be nice to my wallet to spend hundreds and kill the tree. I got a few trees to work on, and successfully practiced re-potting and creating my own soil mixtures. I have practiced structural pruning, thinning, pinching, watering, fertilizing, wiring, cut-n' grow, etc...

I have already killed two trees, and got one stolen. I would not be pursuing this art anymore if it wasn't for this forum (specially because of the stolen tree, that was a hard blow).

Anyway, now I have a few trees to work with, and I will try hard for them to survive the hot summer and very cold winter. If I succeed, next year I will get better trees and work more on the ones I keep alive!.

I wanted to give special thanks to Indo Andreas for posting most of his work and being so kind. Auk and Leatherback for their honest criticism and knowledge. And Samantha for being so kind and educational with her comments. There are many others whose names I can't remember. Anyway, thanks everyone!!!

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by eangola.

Thank you 7 years 9 months ago #22902

• brkirkland22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 128
I've certainly used the expression 'chained to a tree' before, but I think you took it to the max! :lol:

Happy to see you sticking with it & pushing through the hard parts. Keep going. It only gets crazier from here!

Thank you 7 years 9 months ago #22905

• eangola
  • eangola's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 82

I've certainly used the expression 'chained to a tree' before, but I think you took it to the max! :lol:

Happy to see you sticking with it & pushing through the hard parts. Keep going. It only gets crazier from here!

Yes! I chained them! my wife thinks I am crazy :woohoo:. There is also a motion light! hahaha. I also wanted to give special thanks to you! but couldn't remember the nickname, I remembered it was something like "kirkland"

Thank you 7 years 9 months ago #22907

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
As long as you have fun, they can't steal that away, just suppress ist, right?

Look for a wholesaler in chains though. You will be expanding that group very rapidly, I think.

Thank you 7 years 9 months ago #22908

• Samantha
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 151
thank you, and you have very nice trees

Thank you 7 years 9 months ago #22924

• Indo Andreas
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 92
Thank you for your kind comments, I hope we will have a nice forum future to gather. Nice trees btw. I am busy with some new project, but will come back with some new trees and pictures. Thank you again.

• Page: