Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Hey Empirers! Do you know the meaning of the word "Interaction"? 3 years 7 months ago #62421

• Clicio
  • Clicio's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549
It means debate, discussion, posting your doubts, failures and successes, showing your trees, applauding nice trees or techniques posted by other members, agreeing, disagreeing, making the conversation go deeper than a superficial "like".

[start rant]
It DOESN'T mean repeating like a choked up parrot:
"Put it outside"
"Water when the soil feels dry"
"Don't move it around"
"Your stick is not a bonsai"
"This is a Ginseng Ficus, grafted"

Ok, it IS nice to give basic directions to newbies, but I guess most beginners don't stick around this forum, even lurking in the dark silence, because they don't see nice debates.
Or nice trees being posted.
Or new techniques being tried.
WATHEVER.

It's a continuous succession of very basic answers from one timers, and brief responses from the same 10 people...

[/end rant]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oscar, Ivan Mann, ManniMarciano

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Clicio.

Hey Empirers! Do you know the meaning of the word "Interaction"? 3 years 7 months ago #62426

• Tropfrog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1351
Good point there!

I tried discussions when I started here. And we all know how that ended. I am still around, but know many that tried as well that has left. Too bad, Since a forum dont really have a big value to me without discussions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio

Hey Empirers! Do you know the meaning of the word "Interaction"? 3 years 7 months ago #62434

• Ivan Mann
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 603
Thank you Clicio for this. I have been trying to compose this but couldn't get it right.

Most newbies aren't dumb. We should give them reasons instead of dictating blind actions.

Hey Empirers! Do you know the meaning of the word "Interaction"? 3 years 7 months ago #62438

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Most newbies aren't dumb.

Exactly.
They cannot be afraid of asking for advice.

Hey Empirers! Do you know the meaning of the word "Interaction"? 3 years 7 months ago #62441

• FrankC
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 160
but maybe, maybe it is better, wiser not to reply on every threat. I'm rather keep my thoughts for myself then insulting people or give totaly wrong advise, just for the sake of giving comments.
(If this make sense to you, have to improve my english skills)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio, Ivan Mann

Hey Empirers! Do you know the meaning of the word "Interaction"? 3 years 7 months ago #62442

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

but maybe, maybe it is better, wiser not to reply on every threat. I'm rather keep my thoughts for myself then insulting people or give totaly wrong advise, just for the sake of giving comments.

FrankC, I agree.
If one has nothing to say that is helpful, maybe it is better to be quiet in that topic.
As for your English skills, its alright, if we can understand the meaning of your thoughts.... That's what matters.

Hey Empirers! Do you know the meaning of the word "Interaction"? 3 years 7 months ago #62444

• Ivan Mann
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 603

What's wrong with your English skills? I don't have any problem.

This is a good point. If somebody else has said put the tree outside why should I say it, too? I might add to the reply some reasons, like bugs and air flow. If the newbies are going to get anywhere in the hobby they have to know why to do things, and not just blindly follow orders.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio, FrankC

Hey Empirers! Do you know the meaning of the word "Interaction"? 3 years 7 months ago #62445

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
Yup. I know I frequent the forum less and less for lack of interesting topics and if you post something you get very few reactions.

Hey Empirers! Do you know the meaning of the word "Interaction"? 3 years 7 months ago #62449

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Yup. I know I frequent the forum less and less for lack of interesting topics and if you post something you get very few reactions.

Yes, and this is a pity, really.
Bonsai Empire is such a rich source of good info with the videos, courses, the search tool of this forum...
I wish people understood the importance of a place where one can debate trees, design, horticulture, and sometimes laugh together.
Don't let it die.

Hey Empirers! Do you know the meaning of the word "Interaction"? 3 years 7 months ago #62465

• Tropfrog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1351
I would like to see more pictures of trees here, Good, bad or average does not matter. And this thought stroke me:.

In koi exibitions the judges are teached to give 5 positive feedbacks on the fish before delivering any criticism.

What I have seen on bonsai shows is similar kind of feedback.

I Think that kind of feedback to beginners and experienced as well would promote more members to stay and get involved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio, Ivan Mann, FrankC

• Page: