TOPIC:

Forum How to Questions 12 years 9 months ago #505

• Leslie
  • Leslie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 7
Hello Bonsai Friends,

I need some help please to understand the use of the icons above when writing a message. The smilies are working fine for me yet, I can't seem to get the B, I and colour text working. Also, could someone explain to me what the "Strikethrough Text", the "Subscript Text", and the "Superscript Text" is for?

Two more questions please...there is a little box in the upper left corner of each topic page that reads: "mark all as read" or something to that effect...what happens if I click on that...will I no longer get email notifications of further posts? And finally, is there a way I can subscribe to all topics/catagories on the forum all at once without having to go through each one individually? I am grateful for any help!

Leslie :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Forum How to Questions 12 years 9 months ago #508

• Youri1995
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 45
Hi leslie,

I will explain all of your questions now:

1.if you click on the B you get this: if you write between the b and the /b you will get it bold printed as this bonsais are cool

2.if you click on the color icon, you get the same but then with a color: So typ something between those two paranthesis and you get that text in color like this see it?

if you want to do both bold printed and colors you do first B or color then you click in the middle and typ the other and then typ in the middle you text ;)

3.strikethrough is this: hi Leslie and subscript text is thissubscribt and superscript text is this superscript text

4.That little box that reads mark all as read is that all the topics will be marked as read. That means that normally there's a topic that you haven't read, there will be in green letters as example: (1 new) or (1 unread) I don't know that for sure. If you click on marked as all read all these green letters will be gone, so you don't know which topic you've red already and which not. ;)

And at last: You can't subscribe to all further posts if you haven't post a post in that topic, when you write a post you'll see under it: 'notify me of any replies in this topic. Normally that's marked. But if you haven't post something you don't get an email but if you go to the forum you can easily see where on the topics are updates, because there will stand a green (1unread) or something after the topic. If you want to subscribe without having a post, you can click above the topics, where also mark all as read, you can click on subscribe, just mark all the topics you want to get subscribed, and you will get email of any further posts.

Hope this clears all your problems! :)

Youri

Last edit: Post by Youri1995.

Re: Forum How to Questions 12 years 9 months ago #515

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
here we go in bold and here in red (Remove the quotes and you have the code I used to get iut in bold and in color)

Last edit: Post by leatherback.

Re: Forum How to Questions 12 years 9 months ago #522

• Youri1995
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
It's not that difficult, just typ in between the two [] [] (for example for color) and then mark that and click on bold or another one and you have it, you can also do this with multiple things: you see?

I'll delete all these posts soon, just keep the question and answer ;)

Last edit: Post by Youri1995.

Re: Forum How to Questions 12 years 9 months ago #523

• Leslie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Youri, what do you mean by "...and then mark that..."?

Re: Forum How to Questions 12 years 9 months ago #531

• Youri1995
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Sorry I mean 'and then select that' ;)

Re: Forum How to Questions 12 years 9 months ago #535

• Leslie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
WHOO~HOO! :woohoo: Thank you so much for your help and patience, Youri!!! This is the first time I have seen this method...usually one just clicks on the letter B, for example and that's all...no placement of the cursor between brackets is necessary. Here, I was struggling with the sequence. :whistle:

Your patience is commendable! :) I think you can remove most of these posts now.;) If I may just ask one more question: is it possible to direct a question to one specific member of the forum...say by sending a private message, etc.?

Leslie

Re: Forum How to Questions 12 years 9 months ago #564

• Youri1995
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
No sorry,

You can't send a private message to someone ;)

Glad too see you've got it :)

Re: Forum How to Questions 12 years 9 months ago #590

• Leslie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi Youri,

Are we allowed to share links to other websites here on the forum if:

1. It may help a fellow member find an answer to a Bonsai related question they have posted here on the forum?

2. It would be of benefit to all members in general interest and/or education in the art of Bonsai? If so would this be posted in the *General* section of the forum or in the *Bonsai Cafe* section?

A couple of other public forums I belong to (Woodcarving & Pyrography) have an *Off Topic* section. Do we have that here? Would the *Bonsai Cafe* be for this purpose?

Thank you for your advice,

Leslie :)

Re: Forum How to Questions 12 years 7 months ago #1493

• Leslie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi All,

Would someone please explain to me how to post more than one link to a post?

This is how I learned to post a single link...I go to a certain website from my favourites bar, find the page I am looking for, then I go to the link in the websearch bar at the top of my page, left click to highlight then right click to copy. Then I go back to where I want to write a message and I right click to paste the link onto my message page.

Also, if I am in the middle of writing a message and I want to go find a link, I lose the message I was writing and have to start it over when I return to the message.

Am I doing this incorrectly?

• Page: