Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Podocarpus (Buddhist Pine) 6 years 3 months ago #36980

• Røng
  • Røng's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 10
Hey guys,

One week ago I have bought a Podocarpus Macrophyllus Bonsai (aka Buddhist Pine) and ever since, I kept gathering pieces of information about my tree. I live in Romania, Eastern Europe, and here we experience the fullest of each season: hot summer with 42°C and cold winter with -20°C. I keep my Bonsai at 22°C, room temperature, given the fact that is an indoor tree. What I would love to know is if my plant is healthy, therefore I will attach you a few photos.

To be frank with you, I got scared of the diseases and bugs my tree can be exposed to, but my apartment has window protection against bugs and I hope I won't face any difficulties during spring and summer. Today while cutting the small outside roots I unfortunately extracted a big one. I have noticed that the roots are having small dots on them and I am not sure if this is normal or not. Please let me know if my Bonsai is on the right track and what should my winter care consist of.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Podocarpus (Buddhist Pine) 6 years 3 months ago #36984

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
Your plant looks perfectly healthy. The little nodes on the roots are also normal.

I do not have podocarpus. In fact, I do not keep trees indoors. So cannot help you there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: