Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

They just keep dying! 6 years 2 months ago #37228

• Lyreco
  • Lyreco's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hey,

I live in the UK sand have so far been through 3 Chinese elms. They turn up and they are nice and green, fast forward 6 months and they look like the attached! I’ve tried putting it all over my flat and keep it well watered. I cannot work out what is wrong! Please help me.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

They just keep dying! 6 years 2 months ago #37229

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Hey,

I live in the UK sand have so far been through 3 Chinese elms. They turn up and they are nice and green, fast forward 6 months and they look like the attached! I’ve tried putting it all over my flat and keep it well watered. I cannot work out what is wrong! Please help me.

Oh, that is normal. By far the most posts on this forum are about sick, dying or dead mallsai. We hardly see any success stories.
Start studying the subject and your tree species in particular before acquiring anything new. Do not try to grow bonsai indoors,
Try and find a suitable species for outdoors. Trees - including yours - will not do well indoors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio

They just keep dying! 6 years 2 months ago #37231

• m5eaygeoff
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 850
What is wrong is simple. They should be outside. In the early days I tried to keep Chinese Elm inside, fine in the summer, I could not keep them through the winter. Outside fine.

• Page: