• Page:

TOPIC:

Bonsai Without Borders 7 years 3 months ago #28257

• brkirkland22
  • brkirkland22's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 128
I don't know how many are keeping up with Oscar's videos, but the latest series is from the first Bonsai Without Borders convention (BWB) in Zhejiang province. Over 70 bonsai masters convened on one massive stage. It appears all the junipers they're styling have been giving the same basic training during growth, and it's very interesting to see each artists interpretation as they give a first styling. I'm hoping there's more to come.
If you haven't seen them, they're on Bonsai Empire's YouTube channel. Nice work, Oscar!
www.youtube.com/channel/UCph2EzXae_RcWX4tPdoOiWQ
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bonsai Bender

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bonsai Without Borders 7 years 3 months ago #28298

• Mimo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 927
Just watching those videos and I cannot believe that after some of the artists went berserker on those trees, they repotted them right away and pruned the roots significantly .
They probably know what they are doing and I hope they didn´t do it just for the sake of immediate aesthetic result.

Bonsai Without Borders 7 years 3 months ago #28303

• Samantha
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 151
be patient now

Bonsai Without Borders 7 years 3 months ago #28434

• West
  • Thanks received: 0
I agree, they did go berserk....however, potting them in a good medium should stimulate better growth. They look to have been planted in earth, or just dug, which isn't the greatest soil for junipers to recover drastic, in come cases, styling. I would love to see the same trees in a few years, Side by side with the finished styling that took place.

• Page: