Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Sick tree please help 6 years 9 months ago #34800

• Guerrero248.
  • Guerrero248.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
I had ordered a golden gate ficus from amazon and it was fine for a day or so and it slowly started to get black spots on the leaves. I did some reading and it said I could be a fungus so I bought a product called triple action that is a fungicide, pesticide, and a insecticide all in one. I used it once a day like it said for a few days and the leaves didn't stop turning black and seemed to spread from leaf to leaf faster so I checked to see if it had any rotten roots and didn't. I attached pictures of the leaves that I took today. It gets watered when the dirt is dry and gets partial sunlight for most of the day. I would appreciate any help that y'all can give me.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sick tree please help 6 years 9 months ago #34801

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549

I had ordered a golden gate ficus from amazon and it was fine for a day or so and it slowly started to get black spots on the leaves.

Guerrero,
It was probably already sick. If you want and care for bonsai, don't buy any plants from Amazon, 90% of the trees they have are mallsai and...
It's always more prudent choosing a tree in person, to check the soil, the leaves, the health of the plant.
Take a look, please:
www.bonsaiempire.com/forum/help-me/10126...us-juniper-help-here

Welcome!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Travi51

Sick tree please help 6 years 9 months ago #34811

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 855
You should never spray poisons that often, it will damage the plant if it does nt kill it. Just because there are some spots on the leaves does not mean there is a problem, they are living organisms and do die. Stop spraying and hope. Get the watring right and leave it to recover.

• Page: