Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Pesticides 7 years 1 week ago #30463

• RonaldKelly
  • RonaldKelly's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
I have been doing this GREAT Hobby for a few years now, and I have learned a lot of information on Styling, Wiring and Caring for trees. But I am still not clear on Pest Control. I have read a lot about pests and how to rid your trees of said pest. I have tried a few, like Pesticide soaps. While it is not clear if they truly work or if by totally defoliating them by the results of spraying the pesticide on them( and there for is nothing for the bugs to eat), or if it truly gets rid of them. I am trying to find something that I can use on all my trees. I would like to get some input on What, How and When to use a pesticide. If there something that I can put in the soil that the trees with absorb through the root system that would make my trees unpleasant tasting to said pests??? Any and ALL information is TRULY appreciated!!!!!! NOVICE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pesticides 7 years 1 week ago #30464

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

While it is not clear if they truly work or if by totally defoliating them by the results of spraying the pesticide on them

i hope you're not being serious :huh:

When you find bugs, you identify, go to a garden center, buy the relevant stuff for that bug, and follow the directions on the package.

More important: keep your trees healthy. I don't really have problems with bugs.

Last edit: Post by Auk.

Pesticides 7 years 1 week ago #30490

• Mfkus
  • Thanks received: 0
Hello All. First time on a forum.. I have a question I hope someone can answer. I was going to fertilize my junipers today and found mites on my tree. I used the white paper under the branch trick. My question is, can I spray an insecticide on the tree and fertilize the soil at the same time or should I wait a few days? Thank you.

Pesticides 7 years 1 week ago #30496

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653

Hello All. First time on a forum.. I have a question I hope someone can answer. I was going to fertilize my junipers today and found mites on my tree. I used the white paper under the branch trick. My question is, can I spray an insecticide on the tree and fertilize the soil at the same time or should I wait a few days? Thank you.

On this forum we prefer it if you could start your own topics and not post your questions in another thread.

That being said, welcome.
Mites are not insects but spiders so no. Insecticide is not going to work. Get a pesticide specific for spider/mites. I would hold of on fertilizing.

• Page: